~ pretty little lies ~

Haya had decided to throw an early birthday / farewell party for Sameer before he left for Canada - which was in a week. Umeed knew that Haya was hurting at the thought of Sameer leaving, but she was forcing herself to seem happy so he doesn't get too gloomy about the situation. Umeed herself wasn't doing any better. It was after ages that her and Sameer had finally managed to break down the invisible wall of mistrust and underlying jealousy. Umeed always loved her baby brother, but life and it's twists and turns somehow ended up making Sameer the cause of a lot of pain and negligence she faced. They had just managed to overcome that, and he was leaving again. She really wanted to be with her baby brother more often. 

But she also understood very well why this was necessary. She had seen a life of deprivation - having to long for the simplest of pleasures of life. She didn't understand how people said that money wasn't important. Of course, it wasn't everything, but money was still important. She used to look at Mimi and how she would spend thousands without giving it a second thought, while she had to constantly come up with ways to manage some cash. She had learnt long ago that money did play an important role, and she did not want Haya and Sameer to live a life of longing forever. 

Currently she was sitting in her room, annoyed at Farjaad. The psychic man she called her husband had a meeting on a Sunday morning too, and he still wasn't back. They were supposed to leave in an hour. He told her thirty minutes back that he was right around the corner. 

"Ye mard zaat hoti hi jhooti hai! Aitebaar karna hi nahi chahiye"

She complained out loud as she threw her phone across the bed after Farjaad did not pick up. Yet again. 

"Kya karein janaab, aap se hi seekha hai."

She turned towards the door, looking at Farjaad walking in with an amused smile on his face. She grew even more annoyed looking at how chill he was. 

"Jee jee, is dunya mein jitnay bhi buray kaam hotay hein, un ki zimaydaar Umeed Pasha hi hoti hai."

She rolled her eyes at him, crossing her arms over her chest as she leaned against one of the poles of the bed. 

Farjaad took small steps towards her, his soft smile on his face as he held Umeed by both arms gently. 

"Aray begum sahiba, aap to naraaz hi ho gayein. Mazaaq kar raha tha mein."

"Jee, mazaaq hi to kar rahay hein aap tab se mere saath. Aap ko ab se ghenta pehle aana tha. Yaad hai aap ko? Jana tha hum ne!"

"Abhi to aadha ghenta tha, ye ghenta kesay ho gaya."

She groaned as she pushed him away and began walking. He held her hand to stop her, and pulled her towards him, making her crash right into his chest. 

"Acha naa, I'm sorry. Abhi dekhna mein bas do minute mein aata hoon tayyar ho ke."

The proximity made Umeed momentarily forget her anger. Every time she looked at him, she had the same thought in her head - how is he so beautiful?  It had been months since she had first realised this, months since they had been together, and weeks since they had been married. Umeed was familiar with every curve, every crevice of this man's body. 

Yet, every time she looked at him, it felt like she was staring at a piece of art for the first time. 

She had to physically shake her head to get the thoughts out of her mind and stop herself from running her fingers across his well-defined jawline. 

"Do minute mein ho hi na jayein aap tayyar, do ghentay lagtay hein aap ki beauty therapy pe."

She got himself out of his hold and began walking towards the dressing table, fixing her hair which had fallen a little out of place.