~ a cliched date night~

"Mmmm, nahi, ye bhi nahi"

Umeed huffed out of annoyance as Farjaad tossed away YET another one of her shirts after analysing it in full detail. She was really about to give this man a piece of her mind. 

"Uff Farjaad, ye koi pachisween shirt hai jo aap ne reject ki hai. Mujhe bata dein na, kahan ja rahay hein, kis tarah ki shirt dhoond rahay hein? Mein nikaal leti hoon khudi kuch!"

"Nahi, kuch nahi hai yahan."

Umeed gasped, taking full offence. She had a fantastic wardrobe. How dare he?

"Sunein, aap aisay nahi mere - "

He raised one of his hands, shushing her up as he began rummaging through his side of the closet, taking out one of his white polo shirts and tossing it Umeed's way. 

"Mein kya karoon is ka?"

"Shirt hai Umeed, kya kartay hein shirts ka? Aaj tum ye pehno."

Umeed raised her eyebrow at him. 

"Mein aap ki shirt pehan ke ghar se baahir nahi ja rahi"

"Achi lagay gi tum pe, trust me!"

"Aap ne meri puri ilmaari tehas nehas karnay ke baad YE faisla kiya hai? "

"Aa ke samait lein gay, abhi time nahi hai."

He took out yet another white polo shirt as he walked into the bathroom, sticking his head out to quickly announce,

"Oh by the way, we need to go shopping. Tumharay paas to buhat kami hai kapron ki."

Umeed turned around to look at the heap of clothes on the floor and then back towards the bathroom door which was now closed. 

"Haan, aap ki tarah aik jesi shirts ka dhair laga loon mein bhi."

She mumbled to herself before taking out her jeans. 

Minutes later Umeed gave Farjaad the most confused look as they stood in front of each other. Staring at him from head to toe, and then looking down at her exact same outfit, her confusion starkly contrasted the radiating smile on Farjaad's face. 

"Farjaaad"

"Umeeeed"

He mimicked her by elongating her name but she was in no mood of jokes. 

"Koi couples competition hai kaheen?"

"Hein? Wo kya hotay hein?"

"Achaa, phir hum koi special photoshoot karanay ja rahay hein?"

"Kya bol rahi ho Umeed?"

"To hum aisay dressed kyun hein?"

"Kyun? Achay to lag rahay hein itnay. Wo kya lafz kehti ho tum, twinning, twinning kar rahay hein hum!"

Farjaad gave her the biggest toothy smile at being able to remember the term. 

"Jee, twinning to hum waqaye kar rahay hein. Khair, ab to bata dein kahan ja rahay hein."

"Kya hai Umeed? Nahi batana abhi. Surprise hai! Chalo ab, late ho rahay hein hum."

Farjaad put his sunglasses on, handed Umeed hers, before grabbing her hand and dragging her behind him. The entire car ride was just Umeed nagging Farjaad about telling her where they were going, and him ignoring her. The final move came when Farjaad blasted the music on full volume to tone down everything Umeed was saying, earning him a hard smack on his arm, which made the car loose control just momentarily.