~taaron se karein baatein~

The smell of fresh gainday ke phool  filled the atmosphere of Pasha house. The staircases and walls were dressed in strands of yellow flowers and fairy lights. The backyard decorations were almost complete. Floor cushions arranged with a dholak in the middle. The stage with a jhoola was also in place. Everything looked ethereal. Yellow was the vibe -representing life, happiness and energy. 

Amongst it was her - the personification of all of those things. Of course, dressed in yellow too. Umeed's yellow pishwas intricately adorned with silver embroidery with shades of purple in the embroidery and the dupatta. She looked every bit royal with her hair tied in a loose braid, strands of hair framing her face, light makeup and floral jewellery for the ears and forehead. She didn't even need any makeup that day. She was glowing with happiness anyway. The smile just would not leave her face. 

She could care less about what was happening all around, the chaos, the sound of girls playing the dholki downstairs, or one of the family members fretting over the preparations. All she could think of was him. She was going to leave this place and move into his house in just two days. The thought should have made her cry, and it did every now and then, but the excitement was too much for her to control. 

Their home. 

And the thought of tonight was making her even giddier. It was their mehndi night. The first event of the series of wedding events. She was going to see him in the kurta she helped him pick. The entire event was to celebrate Umeed and Farjaad, and the beginning of the rest of their lives together. The thought of seeing him, coming to her house, but this time as her groom was keeping the emotions high. She couldn't sit straight. 

Just a few more minutes. 

The reception of the groom and his family was complete. Big tokras of traditional sweets, thaals of mehndi and gifts brought by Niggo and Maryam were all arranged beautifully in front of the stage. Farjaad was seated on the jhoola, dressed in his navy blue kurta and shawl, with a pair of peshawari chappal. His smile was bright enough to light the whole event. His eyes searching for Haya. He had to get to her. 

~

She was getting irritated for the first time now. Sitting on the bed, her back facing the door, she was again fixing her earring. As pretty as they looked, they were really annoying. They kept getting loose or getting stuck in her hair. This was infuriating. 

It was in the middle of this that she heard the door open and then close. Must be Haya. About time!

"Hayaaa, dulhay walay bhi aa gaye hein aur mere gajray abhi tak nahi aaye yaar. Ye dekho mere haath bilkul khaali hai. Sameer ko kaho na please ja ke le aaye. Wo mera phone nahi utha raha, aur kamray se nikalnay ki mujhe ijazat nahi hai. 

Upar se in kaanton ne mujhe itna tang kiya hua hai, dil kar raha hai utaar ke phenk - "

She was cut midway when a hand was placed over her eyes from behind. The scent she couldn't mistake filled the room. 

His scent. 

Farjaad removed the hand and sat on the other bed, facing her. 

"Aap ka dimaagh kharab hai? Aap is waqt yahan kya kar rahay hein? Kisi ne aap ko dekh liya na to - "

Again, she was cut off in the middle, but this time by a placement of his hand on her mouth. 

"Kisi ko na bhi pata chalna ho to tum cheekh cheekh ke bata do. Chup nahi raha jaata tum se?"