~chai aur ice-cream?~

"Umeeeeed"

No response. Again. 

Umeed angrily began taking her jewellery off. If this man had any regard for his life, he better stop talking. In fact, he better leave the room. Or the house. 

"Umeed yaar, kya tum mujh se baat bhi nahi karo gi?"

Her anger kept rising, and she all put smacked the jhumka on the dressing table. The sound it made was so loud, Farjaad flinched. Umeed had hit her hand on the table too. 

But clearly, Farjaad was not taking the hint. He took a few long strides towards her, placing his hand gently on Umeed's clutched fist on the table. 

"Mujhe bolnay ka mauqa to do"

Umeed narrowed her eyes, staring first at his hand over hers, then slowly raising her face to look dead into his eyes. Her eyes were piercing and full of rage compared to his pleading ones. If looks could kill, Farjaad would be 10 feet under the ground. 

"Aap ko to bolnay ka mauqa milna hi nahi chahiye. Jab aap munn kholtay hein, mera nuqsaan hi karatay hein. Chup rehna chahiye aap ko. Har waqt."

She yanked her hand away from his hold, walking towards the couch, taking her shoes off. Farjaad followed her footsteps. 

"Yaar mujhe thori pata tha ke tum ne nahi bataya hua."

She drew in a sharp breath. 

"Farjaad, 'mene sab ko surprise dena hai' ka aur kya matlab hota hai aap ki zubaan mein?"

Farjaad bit his lip, trying to form a response. He was able to come up with nothing. 

"Haan to mujhe laga tum de chuki ho surprise."

That definitely was not a response he should have given. 

Umeed clutched her fists, took a few deep breaths, and got up. 

"Hattein mere raastay se"

Lightly pushing him away, she walked straight towards the bathroom. She could not tolerate him anymore. 

Farjaad dropped himself on the sofa, replaying the events of the last 5 hours in his head.

Umeed just got off the call, practically jumping around. Her smile wide enough to make her cheeks hurt, while the shine in her eyes could be seen from miles away. Farjaad couldn't help but ignore whatever was on his laptop screen and focus his whole attention on her alone. 

Skipping happily, she sat herself down right next to Farjaad, the grin refusing to leave her face. Farjaad placed his laptop on the table and turned around to face her. He couldn't help the smile that made its way on his own face, just by looking at the girl in front of him. 

"Ab batao gi bhi ya bas dekhti raho gi?"

"Mujhe samajh hi nahi aa raha mein kesay bataon! Mein itni khush hoon aaj Farjaad, mujhe lag raha hai mein ro doon gi!"

"Hein? Ye kesi khushi hui?"

"Uff ho, aap ko aik to kuch samajh nahi aata. Khair chorein, guess karein kis ki call thi!"

"Kis ki?"

"Guess karna tha Farjaad!"

"Mujh se nahi hotay guesses, khudi bata do na!"

"Argh, whatever. Real estate broker ki call thi, wo jo location mujhe pasand aayi thi na cafe ke liye, wahan ke owner ke saath deal final ho gayi hai! Wo location ab meri hai, wahan mera cafe banay ga!"