Chapter 18

I ran into my room and changed my clothes and grabbed my books and bag for class. I was so behind schedule, fucking Anthony all night.

I ran back to my car and hurried up and jumped in. I had 10 minutes to get to class or I was going to be late, which I couldn't afford to be.

I ran into my class with literally two minutes to spare. I was out of breath and tired.
"You okay?" Lex asked laughing.

Girl no I was bouta be late long story I'll tell you later.

Uhh okay, our second and third class canceled by the way I don't know if you seen it.

Uhh no I didn't thanks for telling me.

Of course! She smiled and turned back around.

*Dad👨‍👧❤️🔐🤞🏾*
~TEXT MESSAGE~
"LAYLANI CALL ME ASAP"
I felt my phone buz and I looked down and it was a text from my dad. He never calls me Laylani. I know I gotta be in trouble.
I stepped out of my class and into the hallway. I was scared to call him.

Ye...yess daddy?! I stuttered as he answered.

YOUR DOING EVERYTHING I ASK YOU NOT TO DO RIGHT IN MY FUCKIN FACE! He yelled into the phone. This could only mean one thing...

Dad what are you talking about....

Don't use that slick kid tone with me Laylani what is the one thing I asked you not to specifically do. You gone head and mess with that boy after I specifically told you not to! He yelled angrily.

Daddy I can explain....

I don't wanna hear it! He yelled. "Your suppose to be so much smarter than that! He treats girls like absolute shit! He has a lot going on. I know a lot about him that you don't! He's very very very dangerous! Has no respect for woman! And I'm getting random ass videos of you sneaking off with him in the middle of the night Laylani what you thought I wasn't gonna find out!? I'm SO EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED IN YOU! Now I know you have class right now so ima let you go! But if I find out your seeing him after this it's gonna be a problem. Do I make myself clear!" He yelled angrily.

Yes dad! I sniffled. He used the big disappointment word on me and I felt like straight shit. I rather him told me he hates me or something rather than he's disappointed in me. I hate letting him down. Who the fuck could of sent him a video. I know our neighbors don't have ring cameras and they pretty much mind their business.

I hung the phone up and took a second to collect myself. I felt fucked up right now. I took my seat and you could see me whole mood had changed.

What's wrong? Lex asked as I took my seat.

My dad found out me and Anthony are seeing each other...

WHAT?

Yeah, it's not looking too good.

Damn Lani I'm sorry!

Said someone sent him a video of us last night now I don't know what kinda video it was but either way it can't be good.

What was y'all doing?

Girl he took my car all weekend was supposed to get the shit fixed cause I blew a tire on my way coming back. Someone been fuckin with my car. Cause I was mad at him all weekend he didn't give me my car. But he upgraded me. So last night he fuckin pulled up it was like 2am type shit he pulls up to my parents house.

Wait y'all was fuckin outside yo parents house?

No, he pulled off I don't know where we was at. I just know we ended at his house.

Wow! That's crazy Lay! And daddy just called you about this?

Yesssssss! He texted me to call him ASAP. I just knew he wouldn't find out all this nigga had to do was give me my fuckin keys.

Wow! So what you gone do?

I don't know....I really like him a lot I do. He's so different from any guy I have ever came across. I know he's no good but it's just something about that man that I'm craving I gotta have.

That dick! That nigga got some good as dick!

He do and his head fire but it's not just that. It's his smile....his personality....his swagg, like it's everything! But I'm also not no rebound ass bitch. And I know my dad means nothing but the best when he says he doesn't want me with him. He said it's more to him than I will ever know and I know it's a warning but I don't know.

All ima say is Lay...you grown now but if you gone play with fire prepare to get burnt!