CHAPTER 3 | Secretary

Present time... (a few days later after Pogtopia visit)

You find yourself back in the dimly lit room, surrounded by paperwork. Most of the time, you're dealing with unnecessary documents, such as permission requests to add a pool in front of the white house or people asking for raises. Schlatt seems to have assigned you the tough and tedious tasks.

With a sigh, you take a quill and paper and start writing letters.

Dear Delilah,

L'manburg is no more. Another tyrant named Jschlatt has taken over. I've become the commander of Manburg and the secretary of the president. I might not come back for quite some time. Stay safe.

Your dearest friend or you called it 'bestie',
Y/N

You send the letter through a bird.

The bird flies away from your window, carrying the message with it.

Turning your attention to the side, you notice a book about withers that you borrowed from a library. It's essential to be well-prepared for any new creatures you might encounter in this realm.

You've heard of pillagers and guardians, but you've yet to encounter them. However, withers require summoning, and you're glad you haven't come across anyone attempting that dangerous feat.

After a moment, you stand up and walk to your mirror, straightening your outfit.

[Art by Eggperon in Deviantart]

Schlatt insisted that you wear the outfit as a symbol of respect for Manburg. Strangely, the attire fits you perfectly, which creeps you out a bit. Although you don't particularly like how it looks, there's no denying that it gives you the aura of a true commander of Manburg.

As you stand there, donned in the outfit, your thoughts wander back to the book you found in Schlatt's office – 'Anavíosi Book' (Revival Book).

'What could a revival book be for?' you wonder.

XD must be busy as he's not speaking in your head, so you take the opportunity to get up and leave.

'I need some air,' you think to yourself.

Leaving your dimly lit office in the White House, you step out from the grand entrance, the sunlight embracing your figure as you emerge into the bustling courtyard. As the secretary and commander of Manburg's soldiers, you command respect from those around you. People salute you with admiration as you pass, acknowledging your significant role in the new regime.

However, amidst the facade of power and responsibility, you feel a growing sense of frustration and the weight of the recent events bearing down on you. You long for some time alone, away from the political intricacies and constant paperwork.

With a determined look, you venture towards the outskirts of Manburg, making sure to avoid any prying eyes or curious onlookers. As you reach the edge of the city, you find yourself at the entrance of a dense forest, a place familiar to you from your previous adventures.