RECAP from The Runaway Princess (PART 1)

Previously in THE RUNAWAY PRINCESS,

"I now pronounce you husb--"

Suddenly, the church door bursts open, and everyone's heads turn to see who has interrupted.

It's Punz, the ex-head of the guards.

"Punz?" your father speaks, his voice filled with surprise.

"Sorry, Y/N," he announces loudly and clearly in the church. "But you should have paid me more." Punz smirks, a crossbow in his hand, and shoots the chandelier directly above you.

¨*.¸.•*¨'*. ¸ •**•* .•*¨*.¸¸.•*¨'*•.

"Dream, let her go." Technoblade draws his sword, standing tall and resolute. Your parents stand behind him, their expressions filled with horror.

"Guards!" your father yells, but to his surprise, there are no guards to be found.

"There's no point in calling them," Punz declares, spreading his arms wide. More of Dream's soldiers enter the church, armed with crossbows and weapons. The room falls into a stifling silence as everyone remains still, knowing that any movement without Dream or Punz's command could be met with danger.

¨*.¸.•*¨'*. ¸ •**•* .•*¨*.¸¸.•*¨'*•.

"Now, I want every guardian to listen to me," he declares proudly as he dropped a bag in front of you.

"Give me all the books, right in front of Y/N... or..."

"SHI-- OWW!" You grimace in pain, causing Technoblade to nearly lunge at Dream in a fit of rage.

'Guardians? Books?' The whispers spread through the church. 'What is King Dream talking about?'

¨*.¸.•*¨'*. ¸ •**•* .•*¨*.¸¸.•*¨'*•.

"I'll do anything for Y/N's safety. Take the book," Fiona declares as she places her enchantment book in the bag that was in front of you.

"A wise decision... Finally, you use that brain of yours. Who else?!!" Dream demands.

Kristen, seeing no other choice, steps forward to save her future daughter-in-law.

"Honey--" Philza tries to stop her, but it's too late.

"For Y/N's safety..." Kristen places her enchantment book in the bag.

"My, my. Thank you, Your Majesty," Dream smiles sinisterly.

'Shit,' Technoblade thinks to himself. He is helpless, having just gotten to you, and now you're on the brink of death unless he gives Dream the book.

'Forgive me, Y/N. Forgive me, DreamXD,' Technoblade musters the courage and steps forward and placed his enchantment book in the bag.

Your eyes widen in disbelief. "Techno..." Your tears betray you as you see him placing his book in front of you. You lock eyes, and you can see the tears in his own eyes. 'Is this the end for us?' you silently ask yourself, overwhelmed with fear and uncertainty.

'I love you' he mouthed at you.

'I love you...' you replied without making a sound.

¨*.¸.•*¨'*. ¸ •**•* .•*¨*.¸¸.•*¨'*•.

"I found him trying to hide behind the bench at the back." Punz pushes Karl to the floor and steps on his back.

"Karl!" You try to struggle. "Get away from him!" The dagger in your back digs a little deeper into your flesh. "Don't you fucking dare, Punz." You're filled with rage. Punz begins to kick Karl in the stomach, causing him intense pain. "Punz, I swear to the Gods, you'll be the first fucking person I kill." You see red at this point, disregarding the pain in your back.

"Huh? Like hell you would. You have no power in your position right now," Punz laughs.

¨*.¸.•*¨'*. ¸ •**•* .•*¨*.¸¸.•*¨'*•.

"Good to see you again, Karl Jacobs!" Dream says, holding you tightly. "I'd love to chat more, but I'm afraid you have something of mine." He smiles sinisterly. "Hand over your book, or Y/N dies."

Karl then takes out his book, the green and purple swirls of its cover glistening beautifully. It shouldn't be in the wrong hands.

"For Y/N's safety..." Karl looks at you and smiles sadly as he places his enchantment book in the bag.

¨*.¸.•*¨'*. ¸ •**•* .•*¨*.¸¸.•*¨'*•.

"That's a pathetic ending, Dream, but you're wrong about two things," you finally spoke up, your voice filled with defiance. Dream's laughter ceased, and he stared at the side of your face from behind.

"One, Technoblade never dies, and two..." You paused, gathering your resolve.

"If I'm going down, you're going down with me."

¨*.¸.•*¨'*. ¸ •**•* .•*¨*.¸¸.•*¨'*•.

Without a moment's hesitation, you raised the mask above your head and smashed it onto the ground, shattering it into countless pieces that scattered around. It was beyond repair.

"NO!!!! MY MASK!!!" Dream crouched, clutching the broken pieces, his voice filled with anguish. As he noticed you backing away, he screamed, "YOU—STUPID PRINCESS!" In a desperate attempt, he reached out to grab your arm but found himself unable to move due to the swirling energy on the ground. He turned to look at you, and you seized the opportunity to deliver a powerful punch to his face.

You were about to run towards Technoblade when suddenly the swirling energy pulled both you and Dream into its vortex.

"TECHNOBLADE!!!" you screamed, desperately reaching out for him.

"Y/N!!" Techno's voice echoed in your ears, but he couldn't reach you in time.

As the swirling vortex closed, you and Dream fell into the abyss together.

¨*.¸.•*¨'*. ¸ •**•* .•*¨*.¸¸.•*¨'*•.