CHAPTER 7 | Not Alone

[A/N: credit to hazeace from artstation]

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。 

In the dreary dungeon, solitude envelops you. The constant drip of water echoes through the stillness, the only company being the clinking of chains against the stone walls.

'How cliché' you thought to yourself.

Who would have guessed that your journey would lead you to this desolate place? The risk of visiting Pogtopia was apparent, yet for the sake of your friends, you dared to venture. But do they even care about your capture? Do they know where you've been taken?

Thoughts swirl relentlessly in your mind. Are they safe? Is Niki okay? Is Technoblade unharmed?

What day is it today? Is the festival drawing near? Have you missed it?

Exhaustion wraps around you like a heavy cloak.

At that moment, a letter silently slips into your room. You carefully lift the chains that were around your wrists to avoid making a sound, you reach for the note, uncertain of what message it might carry.

"In the ocean's embrace, a path unfurls,

As you follow, into the deep it swirls.

Yet, beware the cost, as secrets unweave,

You'll lose yourself, memories deceive."

- KJ

"KJ...?"

'Kylie... Jenner? Kendall Jenner...?' you were confused. 'who would..? oh.....it's Karl Jacobs,' you sighed.

Feeling tired and hurting, you thought about what Karl said, but you were too exhausted. Your body showed signs of the rough treatment — bruises on your arms and legs. The idea of looking at yourself in the mirror didn't sound good.

Looking around your room, you saw a single light coming through a small window. The breeze outside felt like a calming tune, inviting you to rest.

"A quick nap would be nice... before they come back," you thought, getting onto your simple bed, being careful not to hurt yourself more. Sleep quickly embraced you as you sought a moment of relief.

Taking a brief nap, you found yourself in the peculiar embrace of a dream. Despite the illusion of a nap, you were abruptly awakened in a dimly lit space.

It was unfamiliar, a departure from the cell where they had confined you. You carefully scan your surroundings, you begin to wander aimlessly, unsure of your destination. The path was uncertain, and you relied on instinct alone.

Abruptly, a crimson light materialized behind you, casting an ominous red glow. Turning slowly, you discover a massive door, radiating that unsettling red light.  Though you couldn't fathom how to open it, even though there was a doorknob, an intuition warned you of what lurking within. Panicking, you spun around, only to be met by the sight of the egg. 'Wasn't the egg smaller last time?' you thought to yourself. In that moment, fear gripped you. For the first time, you questioned this fear. After all, it's just an egg... right?

"So you found the room?" the egg spoke.

"Wha---?" you said.

"The truth behind the door." the egg says again.

"You're making no sense." you stand up slowly, looking back at the door. You looked around, trying to find a way out, or perhaps in this situation, finding a way to wake yourself up.