CHAPTER 1 | Restart

[A/N: Chapter 1 and 2 contains flashbacks of Y/N's journey before Manburg.]

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

You sat in a small, dimly lit room, surrounded by silence and a sense of anticipation. The room had basic furnishings, with old wooden furniture and faded tapestries on the walls. The smell of old paper and ink filled the air.

On the desk in front of you, there were several papers to review. These were the documents that President Schlatt had given you. The room felt serious and important, as if the decisions you were about to make would have a big impact. A ray of sunlight peeked through a dusty window, casting a soft, golden light that illuminated the room. Dust particles floated in the air, giving the space a dreamy feel.

As you looked through the papers, memories of past conversations and familiar faces flooded your mind. The room felt familiar and comforting, like a place where secrets were shared and plans were made. It held stories of bravery and sacrifice, and it seemed to hold the hopes and fears of those who had been there before.

Memories of a similar position months ago flooded your mind. You couldn't help but recall the moment when President Wilbur had asked you to make a similar decision. The weight of that memory merged with the present as you considered the documents before you. It was as if history was repeating itself, and you found yourself standing at a crossroads once again.

»»--⍟--««

Flashback, six months ago...

Wilbur stood tall by the window, his gaze fixed on the world beyond, while you positioned yourself near the door, the weight of your choice hanging heavy in the air. Just three days ago, you had awoken with a start, finding yourself face-to-face with Dream, the smiley-masked man with green hoodie who not only miraculously survived but also remembered you vividly as the runaway princess. The mere thought of being dragged into another war filled your heart with trepidation, but the undeniable matter of survival compelled you to take action.

"So do you agree to fight as one of us or against us?" Wilbur's gaze remained fixed on the world beyond as he posed the question, waiting for your response.

Caught in a moment of introspection, you hesitated, unsure of the path that lay before you. The encounter with Dream had left you shaken, and the memories of your past intertwined with a desire for self-preservation.

After what felt like an eternity, you finally found your voice and spoke up, the words emerging with a mix of determination and uncertainty, "I'll help."

"But Wilbur—she's a traitor! How could Dream remember her so well? She's definitely on their team!" Tommy, the blonde-haired boy and passionate member of L'manburg, erupted in anger, his accusing finger pointing directly at you.

You expected Wilbur to interject, to defend your honor or at least offer a comforting word, but his reaction surprised you. There was a subtle shift in his demeanor as Tommy's accusations reverberated through the room.

"Leave, Tommy," Wilbur commanded, his voice deep and tinged with anger.

"What? But—" Tommy's voice wavered, his frustration evident, before Wilbur swiftly interrupted, cutting off any further protests, "Don't make me repeat myself."

Reluctantly, Tommy stormed out of the room, his footsteps heavy with indignation. As he passed by, he intentionally bumped his shoulder into yours, a subtle act of defiance.

"My apologies for my little brother's attitude," Wilbur spoke, his voice softer now, as he straightened up in his seat. "I won't ask any further questions, but here are some documents you need to fill out before officially joining us as one of our soldiers."