Chapter 3 - A Good night kiss!

Next morning you woke up from a kind of a great sleep because all you could dream was Shubman and you kind of liked it in a way. You checked your texts and Natasha has sent you a message that today's the match against LSG and she has told you to come for breakfast when you wake up. Since you were already up, you washed your face, brushed your teeth and put up a hoodie on top. You came out of your room and into the hall where breakfast was served. There wasn't many people at that time so you grabbed a coffee and started a conversation with Josh who was already there. By the time you were done with your coffee, almost everyone was there and the staff started serving breakfast. 

"Good morning girl! how was your night?" asked Natasha while grabbing herself a coffee.

"It was alright, nothing bad" you replied in a low tone. "Oh and I heard that you're playing against your brother today?" you asked Hardik in order to change the subject.

"Ah yeah, well it won't be a big deal. May the best Pandya brother win" he replied with a sarcastic smile.

Everybody had a cheeky laugh on their faces for a moment. Then you grabbed a turkey sandwich and took Agastaya (Natasha's and Hardik's kid) to your lap. After finishing breakfast, the boys went to the garden downstairs to do some drills with balls and bats. You went back into your room and were scrolling through Instagram for a few minutes until you saw a 'HEALTHY LIFE' banner and suddenly thought of going to the gym. You finished your workout after almost 2 hours of exercising. "Oh gosh that's the most athletic 2 hours of my entire life" you said to yourself, on your way back to the room to get changed. 

You took a bath, did your makeup and changed into white baggy pants and a white crop top for the match. You did your hair up into a pony and came downstairs to all prepared. Some players were already there at that time. 

"You didn't forget your phone this time, right?" Asked Natasha while entering the hall.

"Oh please, drop it already" you said while patting her a bit tightly.

"Okay guys then let's get in the bus" was heard from a coach.

You had to get in the bus lastly because you were waiting with Natasha for Hardik. A minute or two later he came near the bus with Shubman. You weren't really paying much attention to him in the morning but the second he came near, you started panicking. "Oh shit, Oh no no calm down now chill" you thought for yourself. You got in the bus before them and sat in a corner at the front. After the bus started moving someone came and sat beside you. You were looking out the window and as soon as you felt that someone has took the seat next to you, only Shubman's name was echoing in your head. "Please don't be Shubman" you mumbled silently. But then as a part of you expected it really was Shubman. You guys didn't talk on the way but then when the bus stopped and when it was time to get down, everyone stood up.

"Check the seat. You might've left something" he said in a tone only you could hear.

"Uh umm well uh I got everything" you said without even checking because at that moment, those words he said to you were more important than leaving any of your stuff behind.

"Okay then" he replied and got out of the bus. 

After that everyone went inside the ground premises. The players went in the locker room and all the family members including you went to the place where you'll be watching the game from. It took some time for the match to start so till then you watched some episodes of a drama. Finally, the match started and LSG won the toss and decided to bat first. Gujarat bowlers dominated the field that they were able to get all 10 wickets just for 162 runs. After a short break it was time for Gujarat to bat and you were excited because Shubman was and opening batsman. It was indeed an amazing innings for Shubman. He scored 102, allowing Gujarat to have a total of 165 and win. Back in the locker room, everyone applauds him for playing so great. Time passed quickly that you had dinner (Rice with chicken curry) at the ground. The players packed everything, and you all got in the bus and into the hotel. There weren't many conversations in the bus because it late night and the players were tired as well.

You came into your room, changed into comfortable clothes and straightly went to bed. You tried so hard to sleep but weren't sleepy at all. You were reliving the moment when Shubman said a few words in the bus. You got up and the only calming place that came into your mind was the pool. Since you decided to go near the pool, you came out of your room and was walking to elevator when you saw Shubman standing alone in the balcony. "What's he doing here alone? Oh shit I forgot to say congratulations. He won't think anything if I say it now, right?" You thought for yourself and nodded. You also went in the balcony.

"Umm Hi! I hope I didn't bother you" you aid while waving at him.

"Oh umm no uh yeah what's up?" he asked nervously.

"Well I forgot to say congrats earlier" you said while opening your arms for a hug.

"Oh uhh well uh yeah umm uh thank you" said Shubman as he leaning in for the hug.

That hug went on for a while since no one dared to beak it but you two were separated again by someone's cough. You nodded and went downstairs, near the pool. You spent some time thinking about what happened before you came downstairs but your thought were broken from the sound of someone sitting next to you. You turned to your left and saw Shubman sitting next to you with a smile.

"So" he said.

"Yeah?" you asked him back nervously but relieved.

"Tell me about you" he said while tucking your hair behind your ear

You were happy but surprised of his sudden actions but to continue the conversation you had to talk about something. you two spent some time chatting about different kind of thing when suddenly both of you were at a loss of words. It was very awkward for you but then he looked at you and leaned forward. Second by second, he was even more close that at some point you closed your eyes. Nothing happened for a few seconds but at the time you opened your eyes, you found his lips lying on yours. At that very moment you knew exactly what you wanted for the rest of your life and yes it was Shubman. Only Shubman. You gently kissed him back and looked at him for a few seconds and said "Good Night" and laid a soft kiss on his forehead before running back to your room. 

That's it for this chapter and I know it's a bit long but you have to trust the process. I'll see you guys in the next chapter  🌸🌸🌸