Chapter9 - It's okay not to be okay.

"Shub" you said in a low tone before some tears formed in your eyes. "Aanya" said Shubman after separating from the girl he was hugging tightly just a few seconds ago. Shubman took a step towards you while giving his hand out. You were so much tempted that you left without saying a word. As much as you knew that it was true, you still didn't want to believe it. He's your prince charming after all. You were so mad. More like numb. You haven't been this sad or tricked as you thought because you would not normally let anyone get this close to you. To say how much, that a part of you threw all the hatred at yourself. You didn't take a single look back but just rushed out of the room with tears falling all over your face. You didn't hesitate to walk out of the stadium with the sudden anger. You knew that Shubman was coming after you, but you were so still and scared to take another glance. You kept walking till there were no more sounds following you.

"Why? Why would he?......" you whispered to yourself while sobbing. You trusted him a thousand percent and loved him with all your heart, so it was really not a thing you expected apart from all of his sweet words and affection.

You went straight to the hotel not thinking back on anything and straightly went to bed. At the same time Natasha was searching for you, since the match had started. She didn't worry as usual cause of seeing your bag at the stands. The match went okay. Shubman didn't play much as the others expected, he scored only 21. Sai Sudarshan carried the match somewhat far for the Titans by scoring almost a 100, taking Gujarat Titans to a total of 182. Once they started bowling, it actually did go well for the titans for quiet a sometime but then the Super Kings players got a hang of it. Devon Conway played a tremendous innings of 72, helping him was Ravindra Jadeja who actually played the winning shot. Just like that, the match was over, and CSK won. Shubman got an award for the most runs in the season. 

Back at the locker room, it was supposed to be sad, but everyone congratulated each other, and Hardik comforted everyone with his calming words. They actually deserve to feel amazing of maintaining the best team till the finals. Everybody packed up and went outside, just when Noor started searching for you. He walked through every room and then saw Shubman talking to a girl. He knew it was you or maybe he hoped that it would be you but right after he went in, he felt it wasn't you.

"Hey uh Shubman uh have you seen Aanya" Noor asked in a low tone.

"Uh why would you look for her?" Shubman replied quickly.

" Uh because I want to talk to her" Noor finished with a curious look.

"Oh yeah.. and you think she would want to?" replied Shubman, coming back at him.

"Uhm who's this?" asked Noor while pointing at the girl beside Shubman.

"Oh hey! I'm Sara. Shub's girlfriend. I'm sure he had talked about me." said the girl while giving in for a handshake.

"Oooh so then Aanya's not your girl? wow I was mistaken." Noor said after rejecting Sara's hand.

"What do you mean?" asked Shubman curiously. "Does it matter?"

Everybody got in the bus and came back to the hotel. All of the players were talking/chilling or maybe hanging out at front when suddenly Natasha realized that she hasn't seen you for like more than 4 hours. she decided to call you and after several tries you finally picked up. 

"OMG!! you're alive. Where were you all this time? I mean do you even know how worried I was. C'mon, don't be silent now" Natasha started and then everyone at the hall just looked at her in amazement. 

"Oh please! Nat! just don't get on me right now. I'm not feeling that well." you said while getting up from the bed. "And besides, I'm not even outside."

"Well then where the hell are you?" Natasha continued.

"Chill I'm in my room. I have a bad headache." you said in a low voice.

Natasha hung up as soon as you finished. "She's in her room" she yelled and ran making the players, especially Hardik who seem to have had a heart attack because of seeing his wife yelling so hard. A few minutes later you heard a knock on your door. You slowly got up and opened the door and the second you did, there was a whole crowd standing before your eyes. 

"What happened? You could've just called me..." Natasha finished with a sigh.

"Oh well it's the finals and in which world would I want to crash it for you. I mean it's just a headache." your eyes were going through each and every face that was in your room, trying to find a very familiar face which no more felt like home.

"Okay honey! just chill. what matters now is that she is safe. Okay." said Hardik trying to relieve the pain.

You nodded as trying to agree with him. An awkward silence spread through the room, but not for long until someone reached out and hugged you making you get butterflies in your stomach.

Thanks for reading till the end. Who do you think it was at the end? feel free to write your thoughts in the comment section. Hope you have a great day. 🌸🌸🌸