Chapter 8 - Into the finals

It was after a few days. Perhaps some days spent in silence or some days trying to figure everything out. The finals had already come to the doorsteps even without knowing. But it wasn't that bad because the boys are fully prepared. You woke up with heavy thoughts on your mind. All the players were downstairs as you went to grab a coffee. You also went downstairs with an extra cup of coffee in your hands.

"Ohh hey! so uhmm are you feeling better?" You heard someone asking as some footsteps was heard closer. 

"Uhmm Hi oh yeah I guess I am" you said with a slight smile towards the guest which also happen to be the same person who was on your mind all day. Noor.

"Well, that's definitely good to hear." he said with a smile. 

"Hey! can I talk to you real quick?" said a familiar voice coming from behind you. 

"Uh yeah sure" you replied quickly while turning back, already knowing that it's Shubman. 

He dragged you near a bench and made you sit and talk with him. You turned back at Noor and saw him packing his cricket stuff.

"Hey listen.........." Shub started after getting your attention to him. "So uhm I uh last night uh I couldn't uh did you uh why didn't you come for dinner?" Shubman finished with a question.

"Oh, uhm well I wasn't really hungry so I went to bed" You made up a story so that he wouldn't feel guilty or else it would make a drama.

"Well then...." he said before he was disturbed by a phone call.

Shubman left without even saying bye but most of all he left without taking the coffee you bought. You didn't take it to your head much or you didn't have time to process it because you felt a cozy presence next to you. 

"I wouldn't mind drinking another coffee." a voice was heard. "I mean after all today's the finals."

You smiled and gave Noor the coffee. "Yeah, you have to be energetic." you said.

You and Noor had a little chat and went back upstairs to get ready for the finals. Everything had been settled by the time you guys arrived. You walked around the stadium for several times until the announcing started and some players of the opponent team went outside. You went to the locker room to wish everyone good luck. You hugged each of them, wishing them to play well. Every hug you gave felt warm and normal until you saw a boy tying his shoelaces at the corner of the room. Everything felt different and really confusing. It was all when that boy stood up and came in front of you. He was staring down your face with a pair of big doe eyes that felt so sharp. Most of your heart wanted to think that it was Shubman who was staring at you, but a little part of your heart accepted the fact that Noor was there. 

"Heyy! Don't I get a hug?" his voice broke the silence.

"Oh yeah of course you do" you said while stepping into his arms.

A hug is not a big deal, but you have never felt so much comfortable near someone. His arms are like cozy blanket that you could wrap around you forever. His words are like rose petals, softer than you could ever imagine. 

"All the best!" you said after breaking the hug.

"Thanks! I guess I'll see you after" he said and left to pack the rest of the things.

You grinned and came out but then you remembered that Shub wasn't inside. You were a bit worried because of how he was acting since morning. You went around the place once again and then entered a sitting area. You couldn't believe what was happening in front of you. Maybe because you didn't expect such thing. "Shub" you said in a low tone before some tears formed in your eyes. "Aanya" said Shubman after separating from the girl he was hugging tightly just a few seconds ago. Shubman took a step towards you while giving his hand out. You were so much tempted that you left without saying a word.   

That's it for this one. What do you guys think will happen next?? There's definitely a twist and stay tuned to see what happens next. 🌸🌸🌸