Chapter 6 - Back in the grounds

You woke up to the sound of your alarm. Bright rays of the sun were already in your face, but you wondered who opened the windows in your room because you were pretty sure that you closed them last night. With some curiosity you turned to the other side of the bed before seeing Shubman sitting in the couch but half asleep. You cleared your throat loudly and he was once again awake.

"Oh, you're awake. Good morning!" he said while wiping his eyes.

"Morning!" you said in an awkward manner. "Mm uh what are you doing here?"

"Oh, um nothing really. Just wanted to see you. You are really cute when you sleep." he said while making you blush.

You both came out of the room and went inside the hall for breakfast. The captain and some other coaches talked about the team's appearance in the finals and that the players should start practicing hard from today. As they said, everyone got ready and came to the ground. You and Natasha also came with them. You didn't really have anything to do but then the players decided to do some fun games related to cricket, so you joined in as well.

"Okay so this is what we have to do...." started Hardik. "There are eight here so let's get into two teams, four for each. Who are the team captains? Me and Rashid I guess"

"Yeah okay," said Rashid.

The game was really easy. Each team have to send a player against the other team and those two have to play a simple game of one bounce cricket but only one over is given. For team Hardik, the players were Hardik, Shami, Shankar and Josh. For team Rashid it was, Shubman, Rashid, Mohit and you. The game went on and it was your time to bat. You came in front with the bat, but you didn't know how to hold it or handle it properly.

"Uhmm maybe I'll just bowl." you said while giving the bat to your opponent.

"No no you can do it. Just try it for one time." said Hardik.

"Okay wait I'll teach her." added Shubman.

Shubman came behind you and put his arm around you to hold the bat. He helped you to play and your team won the game as well. Soon it was lunchtime, all the players came in and so did Shubman. You guys had rice with butter chicken. The evening session started and the players did some training in the nets. You ordered a boba tea and sat down in a corner to drink it. A few minutes later Shubman came there and sat beside you.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"Umm nothing. Are you done for today?" you said while looking at the others.

"Well kind of. Shall we go somewhere? You look bored." he said while getting your attention back to him.

"First you go and finish your training" you said before pushing him back to the ground.

Time went and the practices were done. All the players and coaches and everyone came back to the hotel. You took a warming shower and came out to have dinner. Shubman sat next to you as usual and again Hardik said,

"Guys we have practices tomorrow as well. It's not easy okay we're in the finals so we have to work up to it."

Everyone agreed and went back to their rooms to get some rest. You were sitting in a couch when Natasha sat beside you with Agastaya (her child).

"Ohh is he sleeping?" you asked in a soft voice.

"Sleeping? this child? never. He doesn't even let me sleep" Natasha muttered in an annoyed voice.

"Well, I could watch him for a couple of minutes if you want me to." you said.

"Oh my gosh! Thank you so much" she said in a relieved voice.

"Sure sure" you said and took Agastaya into your room. You kept him in your bed and gave him some plushies to play with. You started watching a drama while Agastaya fell asleep. After about an hour and a half he completely fell asleep, so you gave him to Natasha. You were arranging your bed when Shubman came in.

"Aren't you asleep?" he said while giving you a hug.

"Well, why are you in my room?" you asked in a sarcastic voice.

"Just wanted to say that you're really pretty" he finished with some giggles.

"I sure do know that" you said while smiling.

"So, you seem to like kids. I saw you with Agastaya earlier." he said while having a seat in your bed.

"Mm, I guess. They're really sweet." you said.

"Sweet like me?" he asked again, and you both laughed. "I mean if you really like them, maybe we could have some in the future. Like two or three" he said while looking at you.

"Oh my gosh! Youuu!" you pulled him and brought him out of the door.

"What do say? Two is enough for me." he finished while making you smile.

"Go and sleep without talking nonsense" you said and closed the door.

That's it for this Chapter. I hope you enjoyed it and if you have any other suggestion for the story, please let me know. Thank you so much for reading. 🌸🌸🌸