CHAPTER ONE: LIFE IS A HIGHWAY

.
.
.
.
.
.

Where were you when it all started?

Julia Wilson was laying on her couch with a needle piercing her arm as her head lolled back in pleasure. All alone in her old dead grandmothers house that she inherited with a tv humming about some illness that was spreading.

Julia simply thought she was having a bad trip when the announcer said that it was causing cannibalism.

Everyday that week it was the same shit, Julia comes home shoots up turns on the news and the casualties were rising and the announcer grew more scared and scared.

Until finally-

"THIS IS AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR YOUR AREA IF YOU ARE IN KING COUNTY, ADDSISON COUNTY, AND LAFETTE COUNTY PLEASE GO TO ATLANTA CITY! THEY HAVE SHELTER AND ARMY REINFORCEMENTS PLEASE LEAVE THE AREA IMMEDIATELY!" The bland robotic voice says the terrible message.

It kind of sounded more like a storm warning.

But none the less Julia pushed her self off the couch still high off her ass as she grabs some bags and packs them. She probably grabbed more then she'd need but being high she kept looking at things and deeming them important.

She grabbed half her wardrobe which contained all covering clothes despite the summer heat, all the food in the cupboards which was mostly canned stuff since Julia didn't exactly have the money to buy fresh stuff that just tended to go bad.

Julia grabbed a few photo albums but that's because she hadn't the time to sit there and pick out her mothers photos. She would have left all the other photos if she could.

Julia didn't like her dad or her grandmother.

Julia also grabbed what left she had for drugs and then grabbed a rather large arsenal of weapons. The young woman collected weapons ever since her grandmother keeled over when she was 17. It made her feel safer to be in the big house with some protection.

She packed all of her weapons in a bag except for two swords that she had a holster on her special belt specifically for.

After that Julia loaded up her grandmothers old worn down 1995 stick truck and began driving towards the highway.

At first cars were moving at a slow and steady pace, but the flow slowly stopped.

That was two hours ago.

"What the hell is goin on up there? At this rate we're sittin ducks ringing dinner bells." A man sneers in a thick country accent. Pure redneck.

A group of people that had their cars, and an Rv that were close to Julia's began to form as a guy stood up taking charge. The redneck guy didn't seem too keen on him.