CHAPTER EIGHT: DRUNK IN THE PAST

.
.
.
.
.
.

Everyone packed up their tents, belongings and sleeping bags and put them into their cars

Everyone packed up their tents, belongings and sleeping bags and put them into their cars. Daryl Dixon was loading his motorcycle onto Julia's grandmothers old truck. The woman's eyes were narrowed hatefully as Shane had assigned not only her but also Raya into a vehicle with Daryl.

It's not that she despised the redneck, she just had an equal intolerance for him like every other man there.

Except Shane. She did despise him.

"Everybody listen up. Those of you with CB's we're gonna be on channel 40. Let's keep the chatter down okay? Now you got a problem, don't have a CB, can't get a signal or anything at all you're gonna hit your horn one time. That'll stop the caravan. Any questions?" Shane asks as everyone stares for a moment in silence.

Julia let's out a soft cough with the word "asshole." In it simply because she hated him. That was reason enough. Shane rolled his eyes at her antics before Morales spoke up.

"We're uh- we're not going." Morales says while his wife and kids looked like they didn't want to leave the group. It seemed like Morales was forcing his wife and kids to leave because of his toxic masculinity of 'knowing what is safer'.

Julia really only felt bad for the kids but- they weren't hers to bother for, and maybe the man would be right for once.

She highly doubted it though.

"We have family in Birmingham. We want to be with our people." Miranda says with her eyes downcast letting Julia bitterly think how it was probably her husbands family that he wanted to selfishly check on.

"You go on your own, you won't have anyone to watch your back." Shane says looking right at Morales since his wife had never taken a Walker down.

"We'll take the chance. I got to do what's best for my family." Morales says making Julia snort and making him look at her annoyed as she stood beside Daryl with Raya curled against her side practically.

"If you wanna leave him and come with us Miranda with the kids you guys could still join us. Send him to go ringing the dinner bell for those damn flesh eaters by himself." Julia offers making his wife look hopeful for a split second. But her kids looking scared of losing their dad made her shrivel back shaking her head.

"You sure?" Rick asks again making morales put his input in again. "We talked about it. We're sure." Morales says with a glare pointed at Julia who simply rolls her eyes looking at the kids with a soft sigh.

She knew they were goners.

Rick gave them some supplies making Julia mutter bitterly on the waste it would be to these doomed people making Daryl surprisingly agree.

Seemed he was the only one who would voice what that entire group knew except Julia. That this family would be dead before the weeks end.

Daryl even scoffed seeing the cops give morales an entire ammo box that was half full. That was bullets they'd probably need for the CDC.