CHAPTER NINE: MEN ARE THE MONSTERS

.
.
.
.
.
.

A blinding light makes Julia blink harshly as the doors open to the CDC

A blinding light makes Julia blink harshly as the doors open to the CDC. Raya could be felt clutching to Julia who stares in disbelief that Rick had been right. His dumb luck and hope seemed to get them another win, Rick just be one of those people grandma used to say the lord loved and gave luck to.

"Daryl cover the back." Shane yells making Julia lead Raya in being sandwiched by men making her bite her tongue as she tried to avoid their touch due to close proximity.

"Hello?" Rick calls into the empty building as everyone looks around fearful it could be a trap or something.

A gun cocking makes Julia whip around Swords at the ready as a man who hardly looked capable of shooting aims at them.

"Anybody infected?" He yells staring at them like their the crazy ones when he aimed to shoot them first. "One of our group was. He didn't make it." Rick says with some sadness in his voice but Julia whips her head to look at him with a scowl.

"Why did you even feel the need to tell him that? He means present. Anyone infected presently which the answer is no." Julia says with a scoff making Rick give her a look to stay quiet but that only makes her glare more.

"Why are you here? What do you want?" The doctor ignores there bickers as he comes a bit closer.

"A chance." Ricks voice sounding closer to a beg as the man stares at them not showing his true intentions quite yet. Would be slaughter them simply because he could right now? Did he save them just to kill them himself?

"That's asking an awful lot these days." The man says while staring at Rick easily seeing he was the leader. "I know." Rick says making the man look amongst the group seeing how worn they looked. His eyes lingering on the children and women. But his eyes stare at Julia a little longer then necessary making Daryl step up next to her and for once Julia accepted it not like this stare either.

"You all submit to a blood test. That's the price of admission." He says in a strict voice making Rick eagerly agree that the group could do it but Julia looked a little jittery at it. She obviously didn't mind needles but he better have a female able to do it she bitterly thought.

"You got stuff to bring in, you do it now. Once this door closes it stays closed." And with that Rick, Glen, Daryl, and Shane go and get the bags leaving the women and children with T-dog and Dale to watch them.

The doctor immediately shuts the doors and has someone named Vi seal it and kill the power.

Julia was just happy there would be a girl to draw her blood.

"Rick Grimes." Rick says kindly introducing himself as the doctors voice stays unimpressed. "Dr Edwin Jenner." He then leads them to a cramped elevator Julia had her back firmly pressed to the back wall with Raya between her and Glen. Daryl on her left side with his gun up.