CHAPTER TWO: MOTHERLY ADVICE

.
.
.
.
.
.

Daryl and Rick lead Julia further into the woods as she enjoys the peaceful silence

Daryl and Rick lead Julia further into the woods as she enjoys the peaceful silence. Being cramped around the group for the past few days has been torturous to Julia.

Plus she actually was enjoying watching Daryl track Sophia's trail to her it all just looked like dirt. Except here and there Julia would like to believe she could see the outline of a foot. But it seemed rather large to be Sophia's and that made her note she was in fact tracking the two men in front of her.

That made her grumble profanities earning looks but she didn't explain her frustrations to them.

With more walking Daryl seemed to be following a certain path as Rick walked behind him before stopping. "The tracks are gone." He sighs and that makes Julia glare at him for being able to track as well. Not as good as Daryl but he still was able to see something Julia wasn't able to.

"No they're faint, but they ain't gone. She came through here." Daryl says pointing to non existent marks.

"How can you tell?" Rick asks and Julia roughly pushes him aside a bit to be between the two men. She wanted to learn how too making Rick smother a slight chuckle given the situation.

"Yeah I don't see anything but dirt, grass, and your guys big ass mammoth feet mucking up any supposed trail." Julia huffs making Daryl glance at her close proximity as she stared at him waiting for him to explain tracking.

That just made Daryl scoff at either her curiosity or the big feet comment before shaking his head continually following a supposed trail.

"You two want a lesson in tracking or you want to find that girl, and get out ass off that interstate?" Daryl sasses making Rick look down as Julia sneers.

"Why can't we do both Jackass. No need to get lippy with us we're just trying to learn so we can help." The girl sasses before once again putting space between her and the men by taking the back.

She didn't know how she hadn't been bothered by their closeness until now but she wanted her space from them.

Daryl just scoffed again as Rick stared backwards at Julia who kept making faces and mocking what Daryl had said to herself. She caught eyes with Rick and froze before glaring at him and looking away with annoyance.

Rick found Julia amusing, she wasn't like most women her age...,. Or anyone her age..... or really she wasn't like anyone in existence.

But he was beginning to see progress with how she'd come close to them here and there. That she didn't mutter as much about the complete incompetence of men only when she was annoyed by something.

"Staring problem grimes or do you just have a death wish." Julia spat making Rick look away saying a quick and soft sorry as she stared him down now.