CHAPTER ONE: THE GRAVEYARD SHIFT

.
.
.
.
.
.

Julia is leaned on the Rv as everyone tries to prepare for the journey to Fort Benning

Julia is leaned on the Rv as everyone tries to prepare for the journey to Fort Benning. Her eyes stare daggers at Shane whenever he glared at her. It causes her to roll her eyes and spot Daryl who stares as well while cleaning off his brother's motorcycle.

Again that makes her roll her eyes and look to Raya who talks animatedly to Carl and Sophia. Julia and Raya were now riding in the same cramped car with Rick, Lori, Carol, Carl, and Sophia. Simply because Julia told Rick she didn't want to be around Shane which made him look confused but he listened.

He was sure it was just something that would blow over, believing it was the fact they'd blown up at each other during the CDC in stress.

But it was more and it involved his wife.

"How you holding up?" Dale asks coming to stand by Julia who goes tense and side eyes him with a blank expression. "Fine." She says in her usual cold tone that makes Dale nod.

With Andrea mad at him it seemed like Rick he needed a charity case to take care of. And that case had to be Julia for some reason.

"There a reason you moved to Ricks car. I know it's already cramped as is so- couldn't imagine it being any better then the RV." Dale states with curiosity but his eyes go to Shane briefly and for a second Julia almost voices how their both in the Shane Walsh hater club.... But being surrounded by others she bit her tongue for now.

"Just figured Raya would enjoy traveling with the kids better. Not having us adults bore her with grown up talk." Julia lies easily making the old man smile at her.

"She really looks up to you, ya know?" He says softly while Julia scoffs shaking her head a grimace now on her face. "I can't be what you guys want me to be for her. I don't have a motherly bone in my body." Julia calmly explains as Dale just stares at her shaking his head.

"Your doing the best you can given the circumstances. Nobodies asking you to be her mom Julia, she just trusts you a lot." Dale explains but Julia shrugs she knew they'd be disappointed by her at some point.

Some point soon.

Men always wanted you to give more then you could handle. The woman however they had to see Julia wasn't fit to be a surrogate mother, surely one of them would soon take on the responsibility to relieve Julia.

"Let's head out guys we got 125 miles to go." Rick announces and people begin loading up Raya moves to Julia's side but stares at Daryl who watches them as his bike passes to get ready to leave. He makes direct eye contact with Raya who looks back making Julia glance at her to see why she wasn't getting in the car yet.

Her eyes also fall on Daryl Dixon.

He hadn't said much since the night Shane exposed himself on the Rv, really he hadn't said anything to her at all. But Julia didn't mind it she kept mostly to herself anyway except when Rick tried to involve her in conversation.