CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: LOSING THE FARM

.
.
.
.
.
.

That following morning Julia finds herself squished between the truck bed wall and Daryl, she felt numb

That following morning Julia finds herself squished between the truck bed wall and Daryl, she felt numb. She didn't even say anything as they bumped into each other as the road was made of pot holes. Julia just stared out at the empty fields.

They were going around killing walkers in the land. Trying to prevent them from coming to house, but really it was how the group coped.

After the funeral Shane offered to take a small group out to check the farm's permittee. See if any walkers had stumbled onto the property yet. And that's how Julia found herself rushing walkers swords at the ready just completely obliterating their heads.

She was definitely doing over kills but no one voiced their concerns as she just climbed right back into the truck bed as if she'd done nothing. She could feel Shane glancing at her and wanted to cuss at him, she wanted to smack him, she wanted to blame him.

When the group got back Rick and the rest of the group were packing up to move into the house. Raya kept looking at Julia as if she wanted to say something but would stop.

She looked guilty of something.

"Gonna be tight 16 people in one house." Rick tells Hershel but Hershel wave sit off. "Don't worry about that. With the swamp hardening, the creek drying up..." Hershel lists before Maggie chimes in. "With 50 head of cattle on the property, we might as well be ringing a damn dinner bell." Maggie tells the group as Julia looks away.

They couldn't figure that out sooner for Dales sake?

"She's right, we should've moved you in a while ago." Hershel agrees making Rick nod with gratitude. "All right let's move the vehicles near each of the doors facing out toward the road." Rick instructs as everyone loads up the packed bags into the truck.

"We'll build a lookout in the windmill, another in the barn loft that should give us sight lines of both side of the property. T-Dog you take the perimeter around the house. Keep track of everyone coming and going." Rick says while giving people duties.

"What about standing guard?" T-Dog asks referring to Randall. "I need you at the house, Daryl and Julia can do double duty." Rick says with a look to the woman who crosses her arms but makes her way towards the house silently. She carry's her and Rayas stuff up to the house as the little girl walks beside her quietly.

"Gotcha." T-dog agrees walking the same way as Julia neither speaking as they stand side by side.

"I just- wanted to say I'm sorry about Dale. I know you guys were close." T-Dog states while keeping his gaze down. Julia slowly looks at him and shrugs, "People die. It was dumb of us to get comfortable and forget that." She spat coldly as he nods slowly.

Everyone could see she was hurt by it none the less.

Julia sets her bedding up against the farthest wall in the dining room. She puts Rayas stuff beside hers and sigh as she wipes her face and runs her hands through her hair.