CHAPTER FOUR: GETTING THE BAND TOGETHER

.
.
.
.
.
.

Julia awoke bright and early as soon as everyone began moving around camp

People got to work and so did Julia as she took clothes down from the clothes lines so Carol could hang up the freshly washed clothes. Julia could feel the older woman glancing at her long sleeves before away again.

Rick woke up and smiled at people in greeting and as he saw Julia finally away from her designated spot he came walking over.

Julia tensing and looking around confused who he was so exited to talk too.

"Hey Julia." Rick smiles brightly at her making the woman slowly look at him with pursed lips and wide eyes. She didn't speak. "I'm uh- Rick Grimes I don't think we really got to talk much yesterday." He says with a kind smile as the girl stares at him like he has three heads.

She still doesn't speak and continues to stare at him as he stares at her waiting for some sort of response.

"MS JULIA!" Raya screams excitedly running over making Julia's eyes widen even more. Whe n the hell did she become everyone's go to speaking buddy?

"My daddy says I can talk to you now." She brags and Julia just blinks slowly forcing a smile. "That's great." Julia says before looking at work and avoiding the two people that wanted to speak to her most.

"I was wonderin if you could take me to the quarry to go swimmin?" The girl asks with a big smile as Julia looks uneasy but Rick watched her every expression.

"Uh- sure. Just give me a minute to finish this." Julia mumbles as the girl goes running for an outfit to swim in since she didn't have a swimsuit.

"I saw that." Rick says before walking away making Julia glare at him unsure what that insinuation meant but she'd drop it for now as she kept taking clothes off the line.

An annoyed Glen storms away from them taking his car apart and spotting Julia makes him do a drastic turn to his tent.

He comes back with a bag and hands it out to her as she stares at it.

"Shane asked me this last time to get you some summer clothes. I hope you like them I uh- I'm not good with woman's fashion or anything so I just kind grabbed stuff." He apologizes with the bag still out stretched as she wouldn't grab it.

He looked weary of her.

"Thanks." She mutters snatching the bag and taking it to her car putting it away safely before finishing up with the clothes.

It was an exceptionally hot day and Julia was sweating bullets, she decided to look through the bag as Raya got ready. All the clothes were sleeveless making her wince but shrug it off she didn't care what these jerks thought anyway.