What the characters are up to over the next month and a half

Alex and Sam met at Jay's Buns during their lunch break that day. Sam arrived first and seated herself at a hot-dog bun booth with Liz and Peter, who were already coincidentally there. The three of them waited for their meals, including a fourth one for Alex, that the chef Jay wanted to cook for two of his favourite customers, Liz and Peter. Over the past few years, Liz and Peter occasionally helped Jay in the kitchen and asked him for cooking tips regarding certain foods. The two of them saw him as their teacher and he was happy to call themhis students.

Alex arrived a few minutes later and sat next to Peter.
Sam asked Alex, "How's Rose doing?"
"I don't know. She won't answer my messages."
"Still? Are you worried?" Sam knew that Alex rarely worried but since it was rare for Rose to not respond to her messages, she felt that Alex might be distressed by it.
"No. She answered me one time when I asked if she was dead."
Liz joined the conversation. "Do you know what she's doing?"
Alex answered her before asking Sam a question. "I'm sure she's at home moping. Good thing she hasn't found a new job or she would have been fired again. By the way, Sam, what did Gwen say about the two of them?"
Sam responded, "She wouldn't tell me anything. When I asked her, it seemed as if she didn't know why she broke up with Rose."
Despite not having been asked, Peter added, "She hasn't told me anything either."
Alex replied, "It sucks but I think Rose should be with someone else. Your sister's cool enough but Rose needs someone else. She needs to get laid. The two of them would have argued less if they'd have had sex."

Liz and Peter watched Jay approach their table with a large circular tray in his right hand. It carried four long and thick submarines filled with calamari and various peppers.
Sam agreed with Alex. "Exactly! More people should take our advice. We know what relationships need. I have a great idea. The two of us should bring her clubbing. We haven't gone in a long time. And it's a great place to hook her up with someone."
"That sounds fun." Alex wanted to say more but became distracted by the food placed in front of her.
As Jay tucked the tray under his left arm, the horizontal scars on his right wrist from his youth became apparent. He looked back and forth between Liz and Peter as he spoke. "It's a new recipe I'm trying and I trust your opinions as much as my own. Join me in the back when you're finished to tell me what you think." He flashed them a smile before returning to the kitchen.
As Liz and Peter eagerly bit into their sandwiches, Alex continued her conversation with Sam. "I hope we don't run into that brunette again. I already forgot her name."
"Ya, we invite her for a threesome one time and she thinks we're automatically interested in more. The sex with her was great but I'm good with only the one time. Hey, what if we hook her up with Rose?" joked Sam.
"We can try." Alex laughed a little before lifting the submarine off her plate.

Inside Rose's head *

This sucks. Everything sucks. This bed sucks. This room. I need to stop thinking of every moment, every action, every word, every little thing that happened between us. It's not fixing anything. I don't know what went wrong. Everything seemed fine. It was, wasn't it? Then, over. Now, everything sucks. Nothing can fix anything. Why won't my body just stay asleep? I don't want to be awake. Awake means thinking and thinking is bad. I need to stop thinking. The balcony? It would make me stop thinking which is what I want. Is the fifth floor high enough? No. I need to stop thinking that. I'll most likely end up in a coma stuck thinking and only thinking for the rest of my life. I'd also be in the hospital. Hospitals suck. They suck more than my room. I just need to go back to sleep. No more thinking of anything including the balcony. This feeling is what I want gone. Then, maybe things can at least be okay again. I can enjoy cake again. Was it that I stopped? I had to stop. Did she want me to not stop and just go for it? I can't just go for it knowing she might not be okay with it. Why would she leave me for that? She does expect me to be psychic sometimes even though I can barely understand her signals half of the time. This isn't the kind of thing I can guess. It must have been something else. She's usually a little upset when I don't know what she's trying to tell me. Going from a little upset to dumping me doesn't make sense even if she was more upset. It must have been something else but what? Was it that I kept trying? She told me she was okay with me seeing her response in the moment. Did she change her mind? Would she really expect me to know that? Everything was so much simpler in the stupid arguments or whatever it was we did. That never led to issues. Unless that was the issue. Maybe she saw it like Sam and felt that we argued in a bad way. Maybe she didn't think I treated her well enough. As if she treated me any better. Maybe she thought she could treat me the way she did but she should have better. Why didn't she just tell me that certain things I did or said bothered her? Or was itme for not telling her either? I did eventually tell her. Unlike her. Maybe we both ruined it by not telling each other what we felt. Even though she knew what I thought so could my not saying anything actually have been the problem? What if my thoughts were the problem? Where do I begin there? Why can't I just fall backasleep?