The new adventure nears part 2

When Gwen and Kim reached the table, Kim was the first to speak. "Hey. We can finally have that double date now."
Sam replied only half-looking at her, "Hey, Kim."
Alex nodded her head at Kim to greet her and removed the sound-blocking bubble.
"What's wrong with her?" asked Kim pointing at Rose.Gwen took a seat beside Rose and when she was close enough to be heard without yelling, she asked, "Are you okay?"
Rose didn't respond.
Gwen added, "I heard about your parents. My condolences."
"Why?" replied Rose raising her head to be heard. She regretted it the second that she saw Gwen so close to her.
"I assume it sucks despite everything."
"It's weird but it's not bad."
"Not bad?" said Kim. "How can you... wait, are you Rose? Your parents are dead so now you get their money. Why would you care? It's your money now."
Rose replied sarcastically, "Thank you for telling me my own life story." She didn't say it loud enough so only Alex and Gwen heard.
Sam quickly finished her drink. "Kim, our drinks are done. Would you mind getting us another round? On me."
Kim answered, "Ya, I could use another drink."
Sam told her, "One margarita and a beer." She transferred Kim some money using her satellite device.
Kim turned around and began to leave, then stopped walking. "Gwen."
"What?" asked Gwen.
"We're getting them drinks."
"Right." Gwen got off her stool. As she and Kim walked to the bar, Gwen added telepathically in Rose's head, - I'm sorry.

Alex made another sound-blocking bubble as Rose thought aloud, "I'm not used to another voice in my head anymore. I don't know why she didn't just do that the whole time."
Sam answered, "Kim doesn't know what Gwen can do."
"'Cause she wants to read her without her precious girlfriend knowing?" asked Rose.
Alex said, "Don't think of Kim or anything Gwen might be doing with her. She's not a nice person. I've already seen her a few times and I don't like her."
"A few times? How long have they been dating?" asked Rose not wanting an answer.
Sam replied, "They met a few weeks ago. I don't like her for Gwen. But Gwen won't listen to me. Would it make me a bad person if I asked you to get back together with Gwen so she'd leave Kim?"
Liz and Peter popped up beside the table and Alex included them within the sound barrier before either one of them could speak.
"Are you going to dance?" Liz asked Alex and Sam loudly. "Whoa! Why was that so loud?"
Sam replied, "Alex can block out sound. And ya, we will."
Peter responded, "That's so cool." Changing his tone, he continued to speak. "We decided to take a break and join you when we saw Kim over here in case you needed someone else." From the way that he pronounced "Kim", he didn't seem to like her either.
"Does anyone like her?" asked Rose.
No one answered.
Feeling that someone should say something, Alex responded, "I'm thinking Gwen does."
"Is this specific to her or is it 'cause she's with your sister and you thought bad things about me too?" added Rose.
Sam answered, "It's her. I didn't have a problem with you. I definitely thought your relationship had problems but I didn't want to rip you away from Gwen like I do Kim."
Peter added, "Kim isn't good for Gwen at all. Gwen needs MUCH better."
As Peter finished his sentence, Gwen and Kim returned to the table and once again, Alex removed the sound barrier, which had prevented Kim from hearing them. Gwen gave Alex and Sam their drinks before sitting down next to Kim, who was beside Sam. Rose put her head back down on the table and put her arms over her head as Liz and Peter placed themselves on the remaining stool. Sam forced some small talk because it made Gwen uncomfortable when Sam made her dislike for Kim obvious. Peter participated in the conversation minimally. He didn't want Gwen to feel uncomfortable but he didn't want her to think that he was temporarily accepting the two of them together either. Liz compensated for Peter's inability to put his feelings for Kim aside. Like the other times that she had met Gwen's siblings, Kim didn't notice any odd behaviour. After several minutes, Kim finished her drink and urged Gwen to return to the dance floor. Gwen told Kim that she wanted to finish her glass of water first but Kim insisted on dancing so Gwen left her half-filled cup to follow Kim onto the blue-lit dance floor.