The new adventure nears part 1

Veronica's eyes opened wide and her legs weakened. Images flashed in her mind. People in a small village casually strolling. Homes upright and undamaged. A shadow of an adult human in front of a dark pink portal. Veronica's body fell to its knees on the cold floor beneath her as the images continued to flow. Frightened people running out of their homes. Houses on fire. Cannonballs and missiles shot from ships to villages, and three-hundred pound flying animals catching the weapons in the air. A face with high cheek bones mouthed, "Help us. Send them." A clock appeared followed by two images that Veronica recognized from a previous vision. One of them contained six people and the other, a park with a statue of a short mayor riding a unicorn. A few more short clips flashed through her mind before she could once again see what was physically in front of her. She was surrounded by two staff members and three worried bystanders, who had been doing their groceries in the same aisle as her. Veronica regained controlled of her body and told them that she was fine. She was glad that no one had called a medical team to help and insisted that she didn't need one. She was relieved when they left her alone after double-checking that she was all right. The visions that she received in the middle of the day sometimes made her appreciate those that awoke her. Even after two decades of having visions in public, Veronica still didn't know how to convince worried bystanders that she didn't need any medical attention. Although the flash of images sometimes gave her migraines, most of the pain was emotional from some of the horrible things shown to her.

Veronica knew that she had to deal with the vision as soon as possible but was less anxious than usual. Typically, she didn't know how long it would take to find the person or people implicated in her message which caused her distress. That time, she knew where to find the group and how long it would take her to get there. With that information, Veronica felt comfortable to finish her groceries. She arrived home, unpacked her bags of food, spoke to her spouses over the phone and messaged Holly to tell them to contact one of her spouses if they needed a ride. Whenever she had to take a trip, Veronica felt bad that she couldn't be there for Holly. She worried that giving her own messages interfered with Holly successfully passing their own. She knew that each vision was important and failing to at least try to transfer them could lead to terrible consequences. As usual, Veronica made herself believe that the message came at a good time. While preparing a bag of possessions and snacks for her multi-day trip, Veronica thought about the images from her latest vision. She wrote them down on her note application and tried to decipher the less obvious ones. The visuals usually remained vivid in her mind for two hours before slowly fading. After twelve hours, they were gone.

In Milli's basement, Alex and Sam waited for the next round of their video game to load.
Sam asked, "Have you heard from Rose? How is she?"
Alex responded, "I don't know. She still won't answer me except to tell me she's not dead."
"We should force her to come out with us tonight. I hope she hasn't been lying in her room the whole time since we last saw her."
"I know she got out of her apartment a few weeks ago. She had to go back to her previous town for a funeral."
"A funeral? Whose?"
"Her parents."
"What! We definitely need to make her come out with us tonight. What if she's depressed and wants to hurt herself? She wasn't doing well the last time."
"I don't see her doing that. She didn't even have a good relationship with her parents. You're right about needing to get her out though."
Liz and Peter descended the red oak ramp to the carpeted wine-red floor before Liz asked, "Who's going to hurt themselves?"
Sam answered, "Rose. Maybe."
Alex replied, "She's not."
Sam declared, "We need to get her out of her room and apartment. No more being nice, Alex. You're going to use your abilities on her and we're all going clubbing."
Alex responded, "She doesn't like clubs but I'm in."
"We'll be the best wing-women she's ever had."
Peter commented, "And the only ones."
"Can we join you?" asked Liz. "I feel like I haven't danced in forever. Plus, you're making it sound like a mission which makes it more exciting."
Alex replied, "Of course."
Sam added, "We'll go and get ready after this match. We'll meet back here in two hours."
Alex and Sam finished their game within ten minutes. They were eager to dance and lost on purpose to go change clothes at their place. Liz stayed at Milli's since she was content with the outfit that she already had on and helped Peter decide what to wear to the club.