Chapter 3

I slowly awoke to the sound of birds chirping the sound of the wind blowing through the leaves of trees, I sat up and rubbed my eyes and looked around, remembering I asked Vessel to stay with me but he was no where to be found I stood up and walked into the living room, no sign of him, "when did he leave?" I asked myself I considered myself a light sleeper especially since I was kidnapped. I looked out the window in the kitchen as I got myself a glass of water looking at the trees waving at me. It was mid October, cool but not cold, I looked at the trees and decided I wanted to go explore, but something told me to stay inside, after what happened last night. It still didn't feel real. I finished my water and went to the bathroom to wash my face when I heard running water. I slowly opened the door and peeked inside. "Vessel" I whispered I walked inside. "Good morning" he turned the water off and grabbed his towel, he opened the curtain, my jaw dropped not only was his face gorgeous but so was his body, his arm's muscular and he had abs, not huge but there was some definitely some definition to them. "Good morning, I hope you don't mind? I.. um I went for a run this morning" he said. I thought nothing of it and nodded "it's fine, I thought you left, to be honest." He looked into my eyes like he was trying to read my thoughts and smiled "you asked me to stay so I did." I smile back to him. He walked out and changed into his robe he always wore and walked to the kitchen, I decided to take the time to brush my teeth and brush my hair, I looked in the mirror and saw my neck, dark purple bruises had formed in my throat and I teared up, I managed to choke them back and take a deep breath walking into the kitchen with him. "So, I've got some things to take care of, will you be okay?" He asked and leaned against the counter arms crossed. "I think so, I don't plan on doing anything maybe going for a walk." I mimicked his actions crossing my arms. "No." He said firmly it took me by surprise. "What do you mean "no". I'm my own person Vessel" I spat back.
He looked at me with dark eyes, and tensed up "I feel like I'm responsible for what happened to you so no you will not go for a walk, at least not alone." If you wait I'll go with you." I was taken aback with his response. "Okay, how long will you be?" I asked he walked up to me pulling me into a hug. "I'm sorry again for what happened, I should only be a couple hours, I promise" he looked down at me and smiled. I melted when he smiled it was genuine.
I cleaned up my house a little washed the dishes from the other night and sat on my couch watching some TV, when I hear a knock. I sat still frozen, afraid to open my door, knowing it could either be Vessel, or someone else who wanted me dead. "It's me sweetie!" I heard his familiar voice. I sighed and stood up half smiling opening the door and was greeted with a bouquet of wildflowers and a hug. Of course he had his mask on but I didn't care it was too sweet, but why would he do this he didn't even know me? "Ready for our walk?" I had almost forgotten about it but I smiled and ran to get my shoes on, walked back and he was waiting on my porch hands fidgeting with each other looking around, like he was waiting on something. "I'm ready" he smiled and held out his hand, I ignored it and started walking towards the woods, "Angela!" Vessel yelled I turned to look at him, he shook his head and pointed his finger to the left "this way, it's not safe that way." I tilted my head but caught up with him, he slightly kept behind me, we walked into the wooded area by his massive house. I was in awe with how beautiful the trees were, grass and moss covered every inch of the ground. I found a kind of open area and laid on the ground looking up into the trees and just felt my body relax. Vessel stood next to me arms crossed looking around "you act like you're my body guard or something." He chuckled "if you see it that way I guess." I smiled turning my head towards him, he still had his mask on arms folded looking around scanning the area. "Can you take it off?" I asked timidly "No, not outside it stays on." It said firmly but still calm. I looked away "why?" He sighed and sat next to me. Because no one can see my face." "But I have" I laughed. "We'll you're different" he laid his hands behind him leaning back. "How?" "Sleep told me.." he stopped and stood up "we need to get you home it's almost 6" he said sternly. "But we just got here?" I looked at him confused. "And who's sleep?" He looked away picking at his thumbs. "He's.. um well he's my god if you will." I stared at him. "And he talks to you?" "Yes, he does." He said his expression not changing. "What did he say about me then? Why all the sudden interest in me?" I asked standing up wiping my backside off. "He said to protect you, keep you safe, he said you're special, whatever that means." He let out a small smile. "Okay then" I looked at him completely confused. "Come one we're going to my house, for dinner." He held out his hand and I took it he guided me up to his front door opening it, only to be met with the scent of incense, and wood. "Good evening sir, may I get you something?" A young woman said, looked like a maid of some sort. "No ma'am miss Lisa, how far along is dinner?" Vessel asked nicely "about 30 minutes sir." She said "thank you, Angela would you like something?" He looked at me and squeezed my hand. "Wine?" I asked "red or white?" "White please" lisa nodded "yes mistress" and walked off Vessel guided me to the massive living room and we sat on the couch and talked for a few minutes. "Your wine mistress." Lisa came around the corner with a glass of white wine. "Thank you" I smiled at her and she walked off. "Mistress?" Vessel looked down picking at his fingers. "Yeah.. all the maids think you're with me, if you know what I mean." I look at him I felt like I was probably stupid. Then I clicked, "ohh. Really?" He just nodded and scored closer to me, I got nervous but didn't back away I just smiled. He leaned in and kissed my cheek, I felt my face go hot, I felt like I might pass out. I saw a smile peek through his mask. "So what's for dinner?" I asked him he chuckled "fettuccine Alfredo with grilled chicken" he smiled at me "that sounds delicious." I responded sounded a little too excited. "Sir." A different maid popped in "dinner is on the table sir." Vessel nodded and stood up reaching his hand out to me I grabbed it and followed him to the dining room, again massive, considering it was just him and his maids here. "It looks delicious Vessel" I said grabbing my fork and eating the food. We ate in silence.
The maids cleaned out plates Vessel stood and walked to the living room again. "It's almost 10pm, I should head home. It's late" I told him as he sat down "umm.. would you like to stay?" He said I looked at him, and thought for a second. "Sure, if you don't mind?" He smiled almost giddy but quickly shut down. "What?" I turned around and saw a tall man towering over me. I jumped and ran behind Vessel who stood and crossed his arms. "Yes, ii?" "Woods are clear, I just did my perimeter run, I've got surveillance on Angela's house tonight sir." He put his hands behind his back and took a step back, I looked up at Vessel who kept his arms crossed. "Thank you, now make yourself useful." ii nodded and walked off. "Who wa-" "my guards, they're watching your house tonight, they told me someone was watching your house this morning so I've got security watching it tonight to see if they can catch them." My eyes went wide and fear took over I started shaking and tearing up. He slowly grabbed my face and kissed me. I was taken aback and looked at him. "I'm sorry.. I don't know what came over me." I looked at him, what do I do, kiss him back? Slap him, run away? A man capable of snapping someone's neck without hesitation just kissed me.