Chapter 2: Unresolved Conflict

In an instant, [Y/N] simultaneously lifted Eri into his arms, while also launching a devastating attack which knocked Overhaul into surrounding rubble, shocking Deku and the remaining heroes.

Y/N flew away from the young hero and Overhaul, and set Eri down on her feet. She was concerned, was this yet another hero who had come to 'save' her? Was this hero like Deku and Lemillion? Or was he a part of Overhaul's group, only concerned with her capture once more. However, due to the speed of the events, she could never get a good look at the person, but as he knelt down to meet her eyes, her concern immediately left her body. She ran to him and embraced him with a tight hug, with Y/N lowering his guard and doing the same. As she hugged him, Y/N realised that the golden hair had scared Eri, so he calmed himself and reverted to his normal state, sharing in the embrace. Eri's pent up emotions started to escape as Y/N held her.

Eri: "I... I th-thought..."

Y/N: "Hey, hey, it's alright, it's alright... Sorry I made you wait so long Eri"

----------------------------------

As this occurred, Deku and the other heroes were both concerned and intrigued. Who was this teen? Was he friend or foe?

One hero, in particular, watched the events unfold with deep thought. Sir Nighteye silently observed, using his quirk to peer into the future. What he saw wasn't a pleasant sight.

Deku: "Who is that kid? It seems like Eri knows him, and it seems like he's against Chisaki."

Deku turns to the location where Overhaul was launched over to.

Deku: "That power, what kind of quirk could generate that kind of strength? Is it some type of basic strength-enhancer, or is it something else entirely?"

Deku, concerned yet sensing no immediate danger, cautiously approached the pair.

----------------------------------

After setting Eri down, Y/N takes a look at her. Her appearance had changed, she was slightly taller, with much of her hair reaching the ground. How long had it been? 4, 5 years? So that would make her, what... 8? And how old was he? He couldn't be older than 16, but he wasn't sure.

As he tried to answer these questions, his own body came into his mind. He took a moment to look at himself, and what he saw shocked him. In between his tattered clothing, he could make out large, unfamiliar scarring across his body, however, what interested him was the fact that it was, for a lack of a better term, perfect. Each scar was an exact mirror of another on the opposite of his body. He looked at his left arm, which had a long scar going from the base of his wrist to his elbow, and as he checked his right, the same scar was there.

As he was lost in thought, he had failed to realise a figure was approaching them. Eri was the first to notice, responding with a simple glance towards the figure. And soon, the figures introduced themselves.

Deku cautiously approached the pair, his voice filled with sincerity and determination.

Deku: "I can understand that you may be protective of Eri, but please, let me introduce myself. My name is Izuku Midoriya, but my hero name is Deku. I promise you, I'm here to help."