Chapter 8: Examination (Part 1)

Y/N found himself in a chair, facing two doctors in a small examination room. One doctor held a notepad, while the other operated a computer. A device was strapped to Y/N's wrist, designed to monitor his vitals during the assessment. Y/N couldn't help but fiddle with the device, feeling slightly uncomfortable.

The doctor with the notepad spoke up, initiating the conversation about Y/N's quirk.

Doctor (notepad): "So, Y/N, right?"

Y/N: "Yes, that's correct."

Doctor (notepad): "Alright, let's begin the examination with a small demonstration of your abilities."

Y/N hesitated for a moment but complied. He positioned himself and raised his left arm, conjuring a small ball of energy.

Y/N: "I can generate some kind of energy and use it for both offensive and defensive purposes."

The doctor with the notepad ticked a few boxes, while the one with the computer began typing.

Doctor (notepad): "Could you demonstrate that for us, please?"

Y/N questioned the target of his demonstration.

Y/N: "On who or what do you want me to use my quirk? One of you? Or will you bring someone else in?"

Doctor (notepad): "Oh, no. We've set up targets for you. Please proceed when you're ready."

Y/N turned and spotted three targets affixed to the wall. He raised his left hand and unleashed a barrage of energy blasts, hitting each target dead center. However, to everyone's surprise, the blasts pierced through the wall, startling the medical personnel nearby.

The doctors exchanged a glance and hurriedly jotted down notes and typed on the computer.

Y/N turned back to the doctors, seeking confirmation.

Y/N: "Was that sufficient?"

The doctor with the notepad replied, deeming it "acceptable."

Doctor (notepad): "While you completed the task, it's crucial to learn to control and limit the amount of energy you use in the future."

Y/N nodded, understanding the advice given.

Doctor (notepad): "Now then, let's see these 'defensive capabilities' of yours."

Y/N nodded again, preparing to demonstrate his defensive abilities. However, as he charged up his energy, the pressure caused objects in the room to fly backward. Y/N's aura flared to life, illuminating the entire room.

Y/N: "HAAAA!!"

The doctors were taken aback by the sudden display of power. The doctor operating the computer glanced at the wrist monitor connected to Y/N, observing the rising numbers with curiosity.

The doctor with the notepad inquired about the strength of Y/N's energy barrier.

Doctor (notepad): "How strong is this barrier, Y/N?"