Chapter 6: Bright Future (Part 1)

Y/N found himself lying in a hospital bed, the soft morning light seeping through the open windows. The room was filled with the beeping sounds of medical equipment, cables connecting Y/N to various monitors and machines. Slowly, his eyes fluttered open, but the blinding sun forced him to shut them tight. The brightness was overwhelming, a stark contrast to the darkness he had been trapped in for so long.

As Y/N laid there and tried to piece together what had happened, fragments of the fight flashed before his eyes like lightning bolts. His heart raced, and he couldn't shake the urgent question that would suddenly fill his mind, "Where is Eri?" The memory of their last moments together plagued his mind, and he longed to know if she was safe.

Determined, Y/N attempted to sit up, only to realise that he couldn't move. Panic began to surge through his veins as he tugged at the restraints, desperate to free himself. The trauma of past experimentation resurfaced, intensifying his fear and helplessness. The monitors beeped rapidly, reflecting his heightened emotions. Startled by the noise, two nurses hurriedly entered the room.

Just as Y/N managed to break free from one of the arm restraints, the nurses rushed in, trying to understand the commotion. The sight of their medical uniforms triggered a surge of panic within Y/N. He thrashed and struggled, the memories of his past resurfacing like a wildfire. Looking around in a panic, his mind raced, trying to figure out where he was.

Y/N: "Did we escape? What happened to Overhaul?"

Amidst the chaos however, one thought cut through the haze:

Y/N: "Where is Eri?"

The nurses, believing Y/N had calmed down, cautiously approached him. But Y/N raised his free hand, releasing a small shockwave that sent them flying to the back of the room. Drawing upon his energy, he blasted through the restraints and rose from the bed. Grabbing the hospital bed, he flung it in the direction of the trapped nurses, silencing their screams for help.

As Y/N secured the trapped nurses, the door burst open, revealing not just a few nurses but also several pro heroes, including Mr. Brave, Ryukyu, and Kesagiri Man. Realising the imminent threat, Y/N pushed past the weary heroes and dashed down the corridor. He focused on sensing Eri's energy, his heart pounding as he noticed her fluctuating, weakened state. Panic fuelled his every step as he raced past civilians and medical personnel. The other heroes, fatigued from the previous battle, struggled to keep up.

Aware that he was being pursued, Y/N threw tables and equipment which crashed to the ground, obstacles littering the hallway. He seized equipment from workers and hurled them at the heroes blocking his path. Some heroes paused to attend to the civilians and workers, but Ryukyu remained, relentless in her pursuit.

Y/N reached the end of the hallway, realising Eri was five floors down. He pried open the elevator doors and leaped down the shaft, landing on the moving elevator below. His ankles stung from the impact, but he ignored the pain and pressed on. Peering up the shaft, he met Ryukyu's gaze as she pleaded for him to stop. With a slight groan, he pried open the doors and exited the shaft. Ryukyu, although tired, raced towards the stairwell, chasing after him.

As Y/N forced open the doors and rushed past startled workers and civilians, he finally arrived at the encased room where Eri was isolated. Cables connected her to machines, once again triggering memories of the torment Overhaul had subjected her to. Without hesitation, he burst into the room, startling the doctor who stood beside Eri.