Chapter 7: Reflection and Paths Beyond

The operating room's heavy atmosphere weighed on everyone's hearts as they filed out, having witnessed the final moments of Sir NightEye's life. Mirio and Bubble Girl were inconsolable, their grief palpable. All Might and Deku had managed to slightly calm down, although their emotions still lingered.

Y/N was the last to exit the room, his gaze fixated on NightEye's lifeless form. Aizawa, ever observant, noticed Y/N's lingering presence and inquired about his actions.

Aizawa: "Y/N, what are you doing?"

Y/N turned their head towards Aizawa, a sorrowful expression on their face.

Y/N: "I'd like a minute alone with NightEye, if that's alright."

Aizawa's surprise was evident, taken aback by Y/N's sudden interest in NightEye. Nevertheless, he agreed to his request and asked the doctors present to leave the room, granting Y/N the privacy he sought.

With the room emptied of all but NightEye's still form and the soft hum of medical equipment, Y/N returned to the foot of the hero's bed. The silence enveloped the space, allowing Y/N to gather his thoughts. He gazed upon NightEye's figure, studying every detail.

Y/N's discomfort grew as his eyes traced the tubes and cables attached to NightEye's chest. It reminded him of both Eri and himself, about what they had been put through. Standing there for a moment, he silently contemplated the purpose of his own presence, yet his mouth moved instinctively.

Y/N: "You... you were the one who orchestrated this entire thing, weren't you? You were responsible for the raid on Overhaul's hideout... and for the rescue of Eri..."

With each word, Y/N took a step closer to the head of the bed, as if drawn to NightEye's presence.

Y/N: "I never got the chance to thank you, but... now I can't."

Reaching the foot of the bed, Y/N made a silent vow.

Y/N: "I'll honour your sacrifice and make sure that no harm comes to Eri."

Content with his parting words, Y/N turned to leave the room. However, just before reaching the door, he paused, compelled to face NightEye once more.

Y/N: "Thank you... for everything... Hero."

With a final expression of gratitude, Y/N pushed open the doors and walked away, leaving behind the solemn room. Aizawa and Deku were waiting for him at the exit, concerned about Y/N's well-being.

Aizawa: "Is everything alright, Y/N?"

Y/N replied with a quick but somber reassurance.

Y/N: "Yeah, I'm okay."

The trio began to walk down the corridor, heading towards the elevator. Aizawa informed Deku that it was time for them to gather their belongings, as they would be returning to U.A. Y/N's curiosity was piqued, realising he had heard something about U.A. from Deku but couldn't recall the details.

Y/N: "U.A.? What's that?"

Deku, now eager to share his knowledge, responded with enthusiasm.