S I X

When I woke later that day, the window cracked open with a slight breeze. Peeta was still sleep. He looked so peaceful. So young with his baby like features. Even though he's 618 years old, he doesn't look like he aged a day. Well, because he hasn't. I just watch him as he sleeps listening to his soft snores. After a while Peeta stirs, his eyes fluttered open.

"Hey," I whispered kissing his biceps and tightening my grip around him.

"Hey." He says kissing the top of my hair. I looked up at his golden yellow eyes as he looked at mine. He looked at me the same way any girl wanted to be looked at. But I am keeping something from him. I know I can trust him with my soul but I just don't want him to judge me. I've had a ruff past and it's not something that i wish to dwell on forever.

"Peeta?"

"Hmm."

"Ugh I just wanted to—" Jeez this was harder than I thought. "My father died in the 1700s. He was murdered. I was really close him. When I found out, I sort of went through a killing spree," I paused peeking up to see if he was still listening and he was. "I killed innocent people because I felt like someone had to pay for his death. I ate their throats out and sucked every drop of blood I could from their body. The taste of human blood helped with all the pain. I continued this for a couple of years. I didn't realize what I was doing until I was holding their limp body in my hands. I showed up to every funeral standing in the back so no one would notice my presence. I watched as their loved ones would cry and beg for them to come back when they couldn't. Because of me. I am a monster and i always will be." Peeta frowned. "Prim didn't know. I couldn't take the fear in her eyes if she found out what I did. It was different for my mother. Instead of drinking blood she just tried to stay away from it, starve herself to death. I didn't care. The only thing I cared about was blood. I continues this killing spree until the 1920s and finally regained control. I told myself that this wasn't right, that I had to stop this. So I slowed down on drinking human blood and starting hunting animals. Prim and my mother drank animal blood from the beginning, so did I until my father... They don't know about this. I've never told anyone. But you. I feel like I can tell you anything. I trust you.

I've never been the girl to fall in love or be so fond of someone. But things change. I am in love. I've never felt so happy or even got butterflies when someone smiled at me. But that's changed. All of it has changed. I love you. Peeta you mean so much to me. I feel like we are one. If you die, I die." I whisper the last part looking into his eyes. There I finally said it. I feel like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders. Peeta chuckled, eyes still glowing golden yellow.

"I wanted to be the first one to say it. I just wanted to wait for the right time but every time I'm with you is the right time. Katniss, I've never felt so attached to someone. Our love will go on forever. My path wanted me to cross yours and I did... Katniss, I really do love you, maybe more than you love me. My life has never had purpose. I sort of thought I would be lonely for eternity. Please don't leave me. I - I just can't lose you. You mean everything to me. Remember if you die, I die." He whispered the last part. His eyes glistening. No, my beautiful boy. He had a tear fall from is eye. I quickly reached up and kissed it away. Him and his werewolf emotions. I have to get used to it.

"I'm not going anywhere, Peeta. Never." He rubbed my back. We layed like this until Peeta spoke.

"Lets take a shower." He says standing up and my mouth drops. Oh, my. He is just absolutely glorious. His naked body is just oh God. He holds out a hand to help me up. He leads the way to the large wooden door on the far corner of his room that I didn't notice before. He opens the door to a large master sized bathroom with a grey marble tiles and a overly glass shower. There is a beautiful mirror wall on the side.