CHAPTER 7

DUAA

Every month at least once I had to go to the different sectors of the company and today I had to visit the restaurant that was opened last month, to manage the invoices and to see how everything is going in general. And today was the day but the only difference was today I had company. I had dumbo with me. Damn.. I like this nickname. I mentally praised myself for the nickname.

After finishing my meeting, which went excellent by the way and we finally got one of the biggest contracts, I was gathering the files that I should take with me to the restaurants. Eryx was also gonna go with me. Today is our last day together, thank god. After today he is not my responsibility anymore.

ERYX

"Are we having lunch here as well?" I asked brownie as she was parking the car in front of the restaurant "we sure are." she replied as we both opened our seat belts. I got out of the car and looked at the big logo of my surname. There was a man right in front of the door with a big ass smile over his face. "Good morning Mr. Smith." "Good morning Ms. Wahed." They exchanged good mornings and I just stood there. "This is Eryx, Eryx Ainsworth." Mr. Smith's eyes widened a bit.

As we entered the restaurant, the cool air hit my face. The restaurant was definitely 5 stars. I could see the waiters walking around, wearing a full black uniform. We all directly headed to the third floor where the administrative works were being held.

                                                                          ------------------------------------

"check the files. Be a bit useful." brownie gave me a judgy look and I sighed heavily before walking towards the file she was pointing at. I tried to pay attention in the beginning but controlling files again is not really my thing.

Sitting with a blue file in my hand, I was flipping through the pages without even reading them. I looked back at brownie whose gaze was intense as she was staring at the computer screen. Suddenly she started typing and I never knew someone could look this hot while using the keyboard. She frowned slightly, clenched her jaw but not out of anger. She always does it when she concentrates. 

Out of nowhere my mind went to her hair. I tried to imagine how she would look without the hijab. If she had long or short hair. If curly, straight or wavy. But my imagination skills were never it. "If I look at you now and find you still staring at me, I'm gonna come over there and take your eyeballs out." Brownie said without looking at me, making me laugh a bit. "I've a question for you." "If it's not work related I don't wanna hear it." It's not work related but I'm gonna ask it anyway. "What your hair looks like?" I've never seen someone frowning their eyebrows so much. She looked at me like I told her to take off her clothes. She then scoffed a little. "What? I'm just tryna get to know you." I stated the obvious. I've never interacted with girls who wear hijab. Duaa was the first one. "Oh, getting to know me? So, out of every question you decided to ask what my hair looks like? The part that I cover?" It was a stupid question. If she had answered me there would be no point in hiding it. "Okay then, tell me something else. For example.....umm..what is your..no no...do you have a boyfriend?" She rolled her eyes, "yes, I do. I've a husband and five children. There, happy?" The sarcasm made me laugh a bit. "But good for you, I have a thing for milfs." Her expression made me burst into laughter. She didn't waste a second as she threw the pen holder towards me and in the process the ink from one of the pens spilled all over me. Especially my sweatshirt. 

She panicked and walked towards me. "Is this the part where you say you're sorry?" She scoffed. "In your dream, dumbo?" "So you physically abused me and no consequences for you." "no and you deserved it kinda." She walked back to her chair, completely not giving a shit about me.