CHAPTER 32

DUAA

"I have to leave early." Eryx said as he got up. We all finished our meals and were waiting for desserts. Throughout the whole meal we have made three eye contacts. I don't know how I am feeling. All I'm feeling is emptiness.

Watching Noah after all these years made me realise how dumb and stupid I was to fall for a guy like that, to believe everything he ever said. I could have easily escaped the trauma and toxicity but instead I let my emotions cloud my judgement.

Because when I saw him after all these years I felt nothing but anger for the guy. It was not even anger. He just reminded me of a worthless piece of shit. So I feel like just by thinking about him I am wasting my stamina because he is so not worth it.

"Where are you going? I mean Mr Jones will drive us home." I quickly added the second sentence so it wouldn't seem like I'm saying it out of concern. He looked at me with such an intense gaze that it made my cheeks burn.

"Yea. I was gonna leave you both at home." Mr Jones added. "It's fine. An emergency came up." an emergency? From where? He didn't even touch his phone. "So, I wish you all a good night." everybody bid goodbye to him while I was just observing him.

Something is feeling off. The vein of his forehead seems to be pulsing. His fists were clenching, so was his jaw. He made a last eye contact with me and went away.

-----------------------------------

Several hours passed since Mr Jones left me home and as expected there was no sight of Eryx. but still? Where is he? I looked at his coat that he forgot to take with him. I wanted to call but didn't but I'm actually getting worried now.

"Good night." I said to Afra as I hung up. We talked for about an hour. And I didn't tell her about seeing Noah today. It's not that I don't trust her or something. In fact, she is the only person I trust the most but it just didn't feel important. and I also wasn't feeling anything particular to talk about. So, I just skipped the Noah part because why waste my time?

I looked over the wall clock which said 11:15 pm. Without thinking further I dialled his number. He didn't pick up. I called again. Didn't pick up. Texted him. Didn't reply. I was sleepy and tired. Like mad tired.

Suddenly the doorbell startled me. Damn I fell asleep. What time is it? 11:53.

Rubbing my sleepy eyes I walked towards the door. "Who?" I asked yawning. "It's me." Eryx spoke up from the other side. I opened the door and oh my god! "Astagfirullah!"

ERYX

As soon as I saw the son of a bitch leaving the restaurant I excused myself from everyone and started following him out. I was not precisely sure what I was gonna go but I needed to vent my anger. After all this, how did he dare to call her.

He got into his car. I called the taxi nearby and told the driver to follow his car. After almost an hour's ride we arrived in front of a club.

I got down as soon as possible but the driver called me as I didn't pay yet. I reached for my wallet and cursed under my breath as I realised I left my coat at the restaurant where my wallet was.

Getting annoyed by the driver's complaints so I took the brand new Rolex off my wrist and threw it in his direction. I didn't have the time to observe his expression or hear his thank yous as I rushed inside the club.

As I walked inside, the familiar scent of alcohol and sweat hit my nose. It was full of people. People were making out, dancing, drinking and all sorts of stuff but my eyes were wandering for the guy in black jacket.