CHAPTER 36

SKY

Sighing loudly I took another sip of my white wine. I am going to be way too drunk tonight. Who the hell told me to come to this lame ass party again? Oh yea, me!

I can't believe a get together of 50 people without music and dancing is called a party! Apparently it does and I am stuck here. With Eryx. He became so damn boring. He used to be a party animal and now he cannot take his eyes off of the girl who is sitting in front of us and who was apparently is his new type I guess.

Even though he says he doesn't care about her. It's completely visible that he is crazy about her. 

I looked around and no one seemed attractive enough to stare longer than two seconds. An old man was saying some shit and people were looking at him like he was saying how to be a multi billionaire overnight. Eryx kept glancing at his phone and Duaa, making me roll my eyes.

There is some festival going on outside as well which seems a lot better than being stuck in this shithole. I finished my drink in one gulp and was about to get up when I saw someone. Oh...damn!

Someone attractive enough to stare for more than two seconds apparently. He was giving Eren Yeager but 3d version. He was tall, grey eyes, long hair styled perfectly. Our eyes met for a second and he sat beside Duaa.

Oh...great.

I looked at him again. This time I could see his side profile perfectly. Trimmed beard, sharp cheekbones, tanned skin and no piercing. Definitely not my type but pretty damn hot. He is the only guy who caught my attention in this shithole of a party but too bad, he is also the only guy Eryx wants so murder right now.

Minutes passed like hours. Like the way it does when I talk to my mother. But thank god the boring speeches ended. And right now Eryx was pissing me off. The way he was staring at Duaa is like he was gonna devour her. 

Like bro, chill!

She was closer to the railing with the hot guy from before and with two more people. From far, it seems like she received a call and she excused herself.

My attention was not on her though. It was on him. The human version of Eren Yeager. He made his way to the bar. And our gaze met once again. I don't know what it is about him that feels so intriguing. Could be his greek god type body, his hair or his gaze. Not sure.

"Okay that's it. I am going to talk to her." I looked at Eryx and he was staring at her. "Whatever dude, go. You have been acting like a desperate little puppy since the moment you saw her." he seemed to ignore what I said. "Keep that dude busy cause I am sure as shit I am gonna start a fight with him if I see him beside her one more time."

My eyes widened as he gestured toward Eren Yeager again. "Excuse me, what made you think that I would hoe around so you could have a chitty chat with your ms perfect?" I said even though I have been wanting to talk to him.

"Oh please, you think I didn't notice that you were checking him out the whole evening?" okay. That got me to shut my mouth. Normally I am not that obvious.

That bastard smirked and made his way to Duaa, leaving no option but to talk to him now.

DUAA

After wishing my dad a good night I put my phone back in the purse. The view is great from here. I want to leave this party so bad and go to that function instead. It looks so fun. Especially those dancers who were playing with fire.

I turned around to go back to the party and I wished I just hadn't. Eryx was there. Right in front of me. He was angry because I could see the vein on his forehead. His jaw was hardened.

Our gaze met. I kept my shoulders straight. Do not forget what he said. Do not forget he kissed another girl right in front of you.

I reminded myself, ignoring the squirming feeling inside of me.

I was about to move but he took a long step, thanks to his damn height and stood right in front of me. "Don't you dare walk away this time." my blood ran cold as the roughness of this voice hit me. A shiver ran down my spine I swear.

"Move away, Eryx." He came closer. I was not sure I was happy or mad that people couldn't really see us. "Not until we sort this shit between us. How could you leave the house without telling me? And why did you even leave?"

I swear I wanted to scream every reason and then slap him hard across his face but I am going to contain my emotions. And the fact that he was looking so genuine was not helping at all.

"There is nothing to sort between us. And I am a grown woman. I do not need you to tell me what I should do. So respectfully, move away."

Running his palm along his jawline and lower lip, he looked behind me and chuckled. He looked back at me again. He started coming closer. What the...

My feet automatically moved backwards and soon my waist hit the railing and he put his hands between me. My eyes widened. "What are you doing? We are in the middle of somewhere!" "no, I don't give a single shit about these people. Now where were we..."

A little smirk was playing on his lips but I knew he was just trying to hide his anger. "We were nowhere." He looked at my lips and back at my eyes. "Why did you leave, Duaa?" "because I wanted to!" "We will be here all night if I don't get an answer. You choose."

Bastard.

"This is too much. Move." "oh is it? I recall, I held you even closer this morning. And we know for a fact that if I had kissed you this morning, we would be doing something else now." my heartbeat quickened. I knew for a fact that my ears and cheeks were red because they were burning. Literally burning.

"You know what Eryx, you are right. People make mistakes. The way I did this morning. But the difference is it was not a mistake. It was a sin. And I would have regretted nothing more in my life if something had actually happened."

His expression changed. It is much harder and rougher now. But there was something else too. Something that said he couldn't believe I said that. I couldn't believe I actually said it out loud.

God, I hate this. Why are my eyes burning?! I swear, if I cry in front of him I will take out my own eyeballs.

"I am glad that nothing happened between us. And it never will. Ever!" "You are always going to assume the worst of me, aren't you? Like no matter what I do, you will always make me the shitty person in your story."

No.

"Well, good thing you don't have to worry about me. You have Sky now." his eyebrows frowned. "What does she have to do with any of this?" "why? Didn't you call her here so you can sleep with her? So, now that you have what you need, why are you worrying about me leaving the house? You should be happy instead!"

"So you think, all these days I was just trying to get you to sleep with me?" I didn't say anything. He scoffed. I could hear him taking a deep breath. "So, you really believe I was just trying to get in your pants. Wow! You are unbelievable."

No. That's not true. I knew this was not his intention. But I was too angry to say it out loud.

He moved away from me now and looked straight into my eyes. "You know what, yea. I am gonna sleep with Sky. She is going to be my distraction tonight." His words stung but I remained still, looking right back at him even though my nails were digging deep in my palms.

"just like the way you have found distraction tonight." 

What? 

"What does this supposed to mean?" "I am talking about your new guy friend with whom you can't seem to stop talking. Oh wait, that's why you booked the hotel, didn't you?" I could feel the tear forming in my eyes.

"Because the idea of sleeping with me is worse than..." that's it. Before he could continue anymore my hand landed sharply on his cheek, right when the fireworks went off.

"Screw. You." the last thing I said before walking away from there.

I hate him. I hate him. I hate him.

I am gonna go back to my room. I need to cry. I want to cry.