CHAPTER 8

DUAA

What did he just say? Girlfriend? I almost choked after hearing the word "girlfriend". I am literally about to murder him now. The blondie just looked at me as if she couldn't believe what she just heard. Even I couldn't believe what I just heard. The blondie looked at Eryx, who was looking at me. "But I thought I was your girlfriend" The blondie said, slightly pouting that made me remind of high school teenagers. I crossed my arms over my chest, looking at Eryx, letting him handle the mess he just created. He nervously laughed at me and turned to her. "Listen sweetheart, what we had was just a one night stand but my heart.." he looked at me, making the blondie also look at me "but my heart truly belongs to her." I cringed at his words so much and I didn't even try to hide it.

"What? I really really love you, you know. I even started planning our wedding. Even the names of our children." The blondie said it in a baby voice. Like that one girl who always changes her voice when she is around guys. Eryx's eyes widened, as if they were about to pop out. Now, I see where the problem lies. She is the crazy one night stand. Eryx gulped and looked at me before saying "she is my first love. But I never had the courage to admit to her until yesterday. So, I hope you're understanding where I'm coming from." I accidentally let out a small laugh but the blondie didn't seem to notice. I finally stood up from my seat. "How long have you known each other?" The blondie asked me. Beside her Eryx took a few steps back, joining his hands together, begging me to play along. He was telling me how she was crazy through his sign language. I tried hard not to laugh.

"We've known each other long enough." I replied looking at Eryx, a small smile always playing on my lips. "So you both love each other?" She asked me again. I just nodded instead of replying. I could see Eryx signing in relief. Oh.. we are not done, dude. He mouthed thank you. But I had other intentions. I gave him a sweet smile before turning back to the blondie. "But I feel like you love him more than I ever could." Eryx's face turned pale. Whatever happiness he was feeling seconds ago was gone. I continued "so please, don't mind me. You can have him all to yourself." "Brownie I'm gonna.." Before Eryx could finish his sentence the girl almost jumped towards me and hugged me. Wait, is she crying? Damn, what did I do!

She let go of me and I looked at her. "umm.. Why are you crying?" Me and Eryx, we were giving each other side eyes. She smiled and wiped off her tears. "No it's just... your love is selfless. I never thought I would witness a love like this." Gurl whaaat.... "I may love him too but your love is non removable.." Then she started describing how deep our love was for each other. "Okay I'll leave now. Just remember to invite me to your wedding." Me and Eryx gave her a tight smile and she walked away as if she settled down a war between two countries.

I gave Eryx the most disgusting expression I could and he just shrugged as if it was normal. "Let's just enjoy our food before it gets even colder." I raised my eyebrow but didn't say anything.

-------------------------------------

ERYX

It was already 5:30 pm, meaning we wouldn't be staying here for a long while. But I was glad that the blondie drama was done. I was also thankful to brownie for playing the part in it even if she almost drowned me in the end. So I decided to repay her by actually doing some work. But now I am bored. I have no idea how brownie could still manage to keep her focus on the computer. I looked at her, trying to be sneaky this time. And she was really focused so I don't think she would notice me the way she did before. I took the time to count the moles on her face. One right beside right eyebrow, one above her lip, two on her right cheek, one on her left, two on her both sides of jaw. Her eyebrows are sharp. They look like palm leaves kinda.