CHAPTER 35

ERYX

Coming out of the shower I was staring at the tuxedo I was going to wear a couple of hours later. Sitting on the edge of my bed I buried my face in my palms. No, that's it. I have to talk to her. I have to see her and come clean to her.

Putting on a white shirt I made my way downstairs. My head pulsing with the sound of her name. 

Duaa Duaa Duaa. 

Without thinking much I knocked on her door. Once, no response. Twice, no response. "Hellow?" The voice came from the kitchen and it didn't belong to Duaa.

I was in no mood to talk to Sky so I kept on knocking. "Duaa, open the door. Please?" No response. "She ain't there." what? I made my way to Sky who was in the kitchen eating something. "Where is she?" I asked. "She left." she replied.

"What do you mean she left? Where did she go?" "geez dude, chill out. She went to the hotel." my eyebrows frowned. Where did she go again?

Sky looked at me. "When I came into the kitchen I saw her leaving with her luggages." she said it as if it's no big deal. "She said she will be staying there today and tomorrow." 

Ain't no way!

I made my way to her room and Sky was right. There is nothing of hers. The closet was completely empty. Her room is still smelling like her.

My blood was boiling. Did she seriously get that mad at me that she left without saying anything?! I went back to the kitchen, finding Sky on the same spot. "Tell me everything she said Sky." I demanded and she sighed dramatically as if I was being annoying but I couldn't care less about her feelings.

"Let it go, dude. You will see her this evening. It's better..." "stop with the bullshits! I will decide what is better for me and not." something in her expression shifted.

"I saw her leaving with the luggage and asked where she was going and she said she is leaving and will be staying at the hotel and directly meet you on Monday at the office." my jaw hardened. I was mad. I was genuinely mad at her.

"And you didn't call me for what reason?" I knew it was not her call to make but I was just so arrogant to even admit that Duaa left without letting me know.

"Oh..chill out, romeo. I don't give a damn about what is going on between you and her. Pick it up with her if it bothers you." with that she made her way out of the kitchen. "And by the way..." Sky said and I turned around. "Maybe she doesn't give as much shit about you as you thought. So get your shit together, dude."

My teeth clenched as I watched Sky going to the guest room and closing the door. I pulled out my phone and without any more thought I called Duaa. she didn't pick up. Not the first time, not the second time nor even the seventh time. And she was active.

I gripped the phone hard enough to make it crack but I didn't care.

So that's what you want to do, huh? Pretend there is nothing going on between us and it's all professional? Fine, then. You do you and imma do me. Today you will really see that I don't give a shit about anything or anyone. Not about the function, not about the company and especially not about you.

DUAA

It was almost the time. I was finally ready for the event of my life. I facetimed Afra as I took out my hijab. "Gurl, do a 360° swirl." Afra let out an excited scream which made me laugh as I did what she asked for. We used to get ready together when we were younger. And we always facetime each other when we are not in the same place.