CHAPTER 21

DUAA

After making the lentil soup within twenty minutes I poured him a small bowl of it but there was no sight of him. Should I go and call him?

nah...I will seem too desperate and too friendly. And he will end up being too comfortable with me. So definitely not.

And I already told him about the soup so he is more than welcome to come downstairs and try it out himself. My thoughts were interrupted by the thunder sound outside, I looked outside from the kitchen and the sky seemed greyish. Almost black. But it wasn't raining yet.

And I absolutely love, LOVEEE this kind of weather. There is nothing more I wanna do than be on the balcony while drinking a hot cup of cappuccino.

Balcony...shit. I gotta get my towel which I left to dry before it flies away. Without wasting any other second I rushed toward my room.

My towel was about to fly but I was relieved when I caught it before I could. I was about to leave when the door of the floor above me opened and someone came into sight wearing nothing but a white towel wrapped around his waist while he was using another towel to absorb the moisture from his hair.

The balcony of his room wasn't exactly above mine. It was more to the right, giving me the perfect access to have a clear view of his balcony and the big ass window without having to show myself completely.

My eyes shamelessly wandered through his body without even my own realisation. Water was running down his torso, his arms. I could perfectly see his abs from here even though my eyesight is shit. That means they were way more defined from close. Not that I wanted to find out.

He was rubbing the towel through his hair so aggressively that it hurt my scalp just by watching. I tried to swallow the dry lump in my throat as my eyes lingered on his v lines. My cheeks and ears were on fire. No...my entire body, in reality.

I rushed into my room before my mind could think of something more haram. My heart was beating so damn fast. It was freaking pounding.

I closed my eyes shut tightly, trying to erase the images I've captured of him within five seconds. But the opposite happened. My mind was filled with the image of his arms, shoulders, chest, torso and that black tattoo on his left hip, right beside his v line.

He had a tattoo. I had no idea. Ew..why would I? I couldn't exactly figure out what it was due to my best eyesight.

How the heck I grasped so many details in that short amount of time? Sighing loudly, I sat on my bed, trying to slow down the pace of my heart. Oh god...here comes the million dollar question, how was I gonna face him now? It feels like I invaded his privacy even though I had no intention of it.

After putting on my grey oversized hoodie I made my way to the kitchen with my face and ears burning hot. But they grew even hotter the moment I spotted him in the kitchen with his back facing me wearing a pair of grey sweatpants and a white t-shirt.

He seemed to chop something. Why was my heart beating so fast again? Damnit.

"Hey, what are you doing?" I asked, getting closer to him, trying to sound as normal as possible. He looked at me over his shoulder and smiled. Freaking smiled! And it did something weird to my stomach. My heart started beating fast again. Why did I have two espresso in the morning again?

"Hey, I'm slicing up some lemon. It will go so well with the soup." he turned around completely this time, placing the small plate of lemon slices beside the soup.

I silently sat on one of the chairs, without being able to form any word. Seconds later he also sat on the chair opposite to mine. He took a spoonful of the soup I had made while I was eyeing him curiously to know how it was. My eyes lingered on his mouth for more than a few seconds and I remembered about it being over mine a few days ago.