CHAPTER 23

DUAA

I was drying my hair off after coming out of the shower. It wasn't raining anymore but the weather said it's gonna rain soon. I closed my eyes tightly for the hundreds of times as I tried to erase everything that happened today.

Starting from making lunch for him to playing badminton together to laughing together to shouting at him to the rest of the evening. I still can't believe he broke the window with his fist. He never seemed like the one with anger issues. And what shocked me afterwards was him acting like it didn't matter, which means this wasn't the first time he has done it.

I knew enough about psychology to know that whatever I have said, it triggered something in him. I wasn't afraid. I know it's weird but I just know that he wouldn't hurt me. I was more concerned. That's why I helped him bandage the wounds.

But I don't have any excuse for the fact that in the end we were so close to each other and I didn't move a bit. Thanks to the thunderstorm to bring me back to reality. Otherwise I don't know what would have happened.

After all this one thing I was sure about was he isn't what he shows. He's hurt. He has anger issues. I don't know if something traumatic happened to him that caused these but I'm gonna go with yes. He tries to hide all these behind his smile and flirting.

I gotta stop acting like a bitch around him. I should have never said those things to him. I had no right. At first with the food then with my passive aggressive judgements. What's wrong with me? Yea, he was one who caused these problems but the way I act afterwards, doesn't make me any better than him.

I need to talk to Afra about this whole situation. Grabbing my phone I dialled Afra's number but she declined and soon a message popped up.

Havin a family get together, gurlie. Save me from these weirdos.

I snorted a laugh. Afra hates family get together, not that I'm a big fan of it either. Whenever one of us has this occasion going on, we text each other the whole time to save each other from the auntie/uncles's unbearable judgments.

Loving the get together, afrooo?

Yep, loving it so much that I wanna strangle 

my rat auntie with my hijab. Watcha doin?

I snorted another laugh. She has an auntie whom we named rat and she is literally the factory of red flags.

Gurl you wouldn't believe what just happened?

Uwuu sounds juicy. Tell me everythin

I rolled my eyes at her text before telling her everything that has happened today. Except the part where I was about to ended up kissing Eryx Ainsworth if the thunderstorm didn't interrupt and the part where I was staring at his half naked body for more than three seconds.

Ohmymy...u kiddin? He actually broke the glass with his fist?

I can't decide if I'm more impressed or concerned.

Ikrrr! I have never thought he had it in him. Like getting angry like that.

He always gave the butterfly and sunshine kinda vibe except his habit of screwing.

It has been two minutes since I sent the last text and Afra is keep typing.

bitch what are you typing? A song?

As soon as I hit the sent button, her text also came which made my heart skip a beat.

Gurl u like him or somethin?