Mother Like Daughter

Eric's Pov
Flashback to when he was 17 years old.
"Grimsby! C'mere, quick!" I shouted as I looked out to sea on my sailing ship. "I just saw something!"

"It was incredible, it looked like a girl, but she had a tail like a fish and-" I was cut off by someone else on the ship.

"Aye, that was a mermaid , ye were seein'!" The sailor informs Eric. "Now those are a glorious people!"

"Oh, rubbish!" old Grimsby spoke putting a telescope to one of his eyes and looking out to sea. "Give a moment to-. Ah! There we are. Look here, Eric, look at your mermaid."

Eric looks and asked gasping staring through the telescope. "What the heck is that, Grim?"

"That, Eric, is a manatee, your mermaid." Grimby tells him kindly.  And soothes him. "Now, don't be embarrassed, Eric, mistakes can happen – even to a Prince."

"ARF! ARF!" Max, Eric's dog barks loudly.
"Hush now, Max!" Grimsby scolded the palace dog. "Come now, Eric, we'll go down below and continue with your studies on Naval History. And we'll have no more nonsense about mermaids."
"ARF! ARF!" Max barks again.

Little did Eric know his true love to be had fooled him before he even heard her voice capture his heart

________________________________

"What was that about me, Ariel?" I asked entering the room.
Arielle giggled.
"I didn't know it was your boat, I just had to cover my tracks so Father didn't find out." Arielle blushed. "So I asked my manatee friend to swim to the surface and you saw her before a year before you heard my stunning voice. If I had know it was you, I probably wouldn't have tricked you like that, your boat passed through my ocean three times before that lovey." Arielle cooed. She pulled him right onto the couch next to her and he scratched his head and asked. "You actually tricked me into not believing it was you I saw a year out on the open ocean before I fell in love with you after you saved my life?!"
"Yeah," responds Arielle. "And I apologize, Prince Eric."
"Mother that was so dirty!" scolded Melody.
"I know and I'll never do it ever again," sighed Arielle. "Once upon a time...in a golden city under the sea, there was a young fifteen year old merlady named Arielle called Ariel for short who lived there with her 7 sisters far beneath the waves. To be with her Prince, risked everything for his love, and lived happily ever after."

𝕊ℙ𝕃𝔸𝕊ℍ!