Part one

Lesso's POV

"One more push, Lady Lesso." I heard the nurse say. I was exhausted, I had been pushing for more than 4 hours but my little baby girl was stubborn.

"I can't! I can't, make it stop." I cried. The pain was overwhelming and I couldn't do this anymore.

"Yes you can, you're almost there Leonora, you can do it. One more time and then it'll all be over." Dovey said. She had been with me from the moment I found out I was pregnant, or well she was the one that said it was a possibility once I started getting symptoms. I listened to my college and pushed with all the strength I managed to muster. After what seemed like hours, I heard the most beautiful sound I had ever heard: my daughter's cries. She was placed onto my chest and the nurse said something but I wasn't paying attention. I focused on the tiny creature now silent against my skin. Soon everyone left the room so I could have a little time with my daughter.

"Hi baby girl, I'm your mama." I whispered. I sat up, being careful with her as I put my arms around her, holding her against me. "I'm sure that was scary huh? Coming into this big, cold world. I know but everything will be okay, I promise I will always protect and love you, no matter where you are." I intended to keep my promise, knowing that soon I won't have her with me anymore. A knock on the door for my attention and Dovey walked in. I smiled sadly, knowing why she was here. I placed my beautiful girl into her arms, her baby blanket with her name that I made still around her. The other dean started to walk away. "Wait!" I called out. I pulled out a necklace, hoping it would remind her of me. I stood up with difficulty, feeling the pain and tiredness. I walked to Dovey and my daughter, putting the necklace on.

"Goodbye my Iris

"Goodbye my Iris. I'll always love you." I said with tears streaming down my face. I kissed her forehead before Dovey hurriedly took of. I fell down, crying because of the emotional pain. That was the last time I ever saw my beautiful little Iris.

Time skip: 12 years later

Iris's POV

"Wake up you imbecile!" I was awoken by loud knocking on the door and yelling outside. I got dressed and went downstairs only to be pulled back by my hair the moment I walked in. "And what do you think you're doing?" Mr Clark asked.

"Um- getting breakfast." I replied.

"No time for that when you sleep in. Go find a broom and swoop the floor, when you're done with that you can do the washing!" He yelled. I quickly did as he said, not wanting to be in more trouble. I touched the necklace around my neck, it soothed me for some reason. I ended up taking a whole day doing my chores. After I was finished I hurriedly ran to the library, hoping I could still take a new book with me. I knocked on the glass door and mid Deauville opened it for me.

"There you are dear! I was hoping you'd come by today. The new books arrived, you should take a look." She said. I excitedly went over to the books and began looking over them. I picked one up, and opened it. I noticed a strange thing on the first page. S.G.E it read.

"Miss Deauville, what does S.G.E stand for?" I asked her.

"Not what, who. It's the school for good and evil. Many years ago, a girl called Leonora was taken from our village and she never returned. Some say she was taken there." She explained. When I got home I immediately began writing my letter. Soon it was done and I placed it by the window. Then I went to bed.

I was awoken in the middle of the night, a red glow coming from outside. I looked out the window but before I could process what happened I was picked up by a giant bone bird that flew me to who knows where. I kicked and screamed but it wouldn't budge. Suddenly two towers came in my view, a light one and a dark one. Out of nowhere it dropped. I screamed but to my surprise I landed quite softly. I looked around and saw I was laying in a garden. I looked up and a lady in a gold dress was standing over me.

"Hello! I've been waiting for you to arrive, Iris!" She said happily. I was stunned, how did she know my name?

"I-I'm sorry but who are you?" I asked her.

"Oh I'm professor Dovey, Dean of the school for good." She replied. So that's where I was. "Come on, we must go to the groom room to get you ready for the welcoming ceremony." And just like that I was dragged inside. There were dozens of dresses. "Let me guess you're not a pink person? Not a problem! We also have rose, fuchsia, blush, watermelon, hibiscus. So many colors! I just love my job." She said happily. I sighed seeing all the pink.

"Is there something more purple or dark purple?" I asked. She looked at me surprised but nodded her head.

She came back with a poofy purple dress but it was better than pink so here goes nothing I guess

She came back with a poofy purple dress but it was better than pink so here goes nothing I guess. I changed and she applied some makeup before she led me to the ceremony. There I saw a redhead standing in the middle of the room.

"Dovey! Finally there you are, I've been waiting for forever." She complained. Then she looked at me. "And who is this?" She asked annoyed I think.

"It's not my fault you're always way too early Lesso." The blonde replied. "And if you must know, this is Iris, our new reader." The redhead, or Lesso's face changed for a moment before taking back its cold look. Without a word she went back to her place and tapped her cane on the ground, demanding silence. Throughout the ceremony I noticed that Lady Lesso kept looking at me which was kinda weird. After we were all dismissed, I stayed seated for a little longer because it was so busy but before I could leave, lesso came over.

"Where did you get that necklace if I may ask?" She asked without a warning.

"Umm I don't know, I've had it as long as I can remember. Why?" I replied.

"No reason, it just reminds me of something." She said casually before leaving. I quietly made my way to my dorm. It wasn't time to go to bed so I decided to go and see professor Dovey and ask about Lady Lesso. I soon arrived and knocked on her door.

"Come in!" I heard her shout. I walked in and saw her sitting behind her desk. "Oh Iris, what can I do for you?"

"Um well I had a question about Lady Lesso actually." I replied. She looked shocked but let me proceed anyway. "Did she seem off to you in any way when we were talking? I mean she asked me about my necklace after the ceremony and then walked off without a word." I explained.

"That's is weird, even for her." She began. Her face changed, like she suddenly realized something. "Now that I think about you do have the same name as her daughter, it might be that but I'm not sure. I'll ask her about it." I nodded gratefully.

"I do have another question. I have a blanket, from when I was a little girl. When I was taken here, I didn't have a chance to to take it with me but it's really important and I understand that I'm not supposed to go back but it's special, it's the only think I have left from my mother.." I begged.

"I'll see what I can do okay?" She said. I let a small smile show on my face. "If you have anything that bothers you, you can always come to me okay? Now I'll see you in your first class tomorrow." She said waving me goodbye.