Part eight

Lady Lesso's POV

It's been a few days since Iris' accident and she still hasn't returned to her normal self. I'm exhausted, looking after my now two year. Don't get me wrong, I love her with all my heart but since she discovered her teleportation, she hasn't stopped going from one place to another. It's now morning and I'm laying in bed, waiting to be woken up. Suddenly my door is pushed open. I lifted my head, seeing Iris standing in the door opening, not two year old her but her normal twelve year old self. She's looking down at the floor. "You can come in baby girl." I said softly. She walked in slowly. I patted the stop beside me. "Come sit down, is there something you need?" I asked her.

"I-I'm sorry for what happened. I'll go to class today so you don't have to deal with me. I'll see you another." She said sadly. She stood up, about to make her way out of the room.

"Peanut, come here. I want to talk to you." I requested. She sighed but made her way back to me anyway. "Sweetheart, you don't have to be sorry. It was an accident, sure you weren't supposed to be making a potion but that doesn't matter anymore." I began. "And on the bright side, I got to see what you looked like when you were young, and let me tell; you were one big troublemaker." I giggles. She blushed furiously. "Now if you want to return to class today than that's fine but I want you to know that I'm not making you go back." I finished. She nodded her head.

"I want to go mama. I promise. I already missed a lot and I miss Dovey." I smiled.

"Alright then, you should probably get ready because class starts in half an hour." I said. Her eyes widened and she ran of. I laughed, that was typical ever behavior. I calmly got ready, planning to drop her off. When the last ten minutes set in, I knocked on her door. "Are you almost? We have to go." I reminded her. She came out of her room and together we made our way to class, lucky for me her first one was with Dovey. "Okay peanut, I'll see you at lunch okay? And don't forget to eat your apple." I said before walking and making an apple appear in her hand.

"Dovey's POV

The students were walking into the classroom for todays lesson but what surprised me was that Iris walked in along them. I didn't say anything but decided that I would keep her after class. I started the lesson, greeting the students and all. I talked to them about the different powers good could have and what the perks were of being an ever. The period seemed to go by faster than I thought as the bell rang before I could actually finish. "Oh and remember girls, the ball is in less than a week so be ready!" I reminded. The girls squealed and talked to each other while leaving the room. "Iris, can you stay here for a moment?" She nodded and stayed seated. After everyone left I went to her. "How are you feeling my dear?" I asked her gently.

"I'm okay I think." She replied, not looking at me.

"Iris, why were you trying to make a potion? You could've simply asked one of us for advice with whatever you were doing." I pleaded.

"I was reading and the book said that the poison would make me beautiful. I'm sorry Dovey, I didn't mean to." She cried.

"Oh my darling, you're already so so beautiful. You don't need a potion for that okay?" I argued. I hugged her, rubbing her back and telling her it was okay. "Now let's dry those tears and go to lunch. Your mom will be worried." I giggled. I wiped her tears.

"Mama is always worried." She teased back. We walked to the dining together and I could feel Lesso's eyes on us the minute we walked in. I sat down after letting Iris go to a table.

"Is everything? Why are you so late, did something happen?" She asked frantically. Please don't tell my mom about this. Iris had begged on the way to the dining hall.

"Everything is fine, I just wanted to catch up with Iris. I haven't seen in her in a few days, well not her normal self at least." I replied. She seemed satisfied with that answer. "So how was your morning?" I asked.

"Well it was fine, my students listened for once." She sighed. I smiled at her with sympathy. We talked until lunch was over, Lesso went to Iris to say goodbye and give her a hug and a kiss. After that I took Iris to her class before I went to mine. The day continued like any other normal day, after classes I did my paperwork but accidentally lost track of time. It was now 10 pm and I decided to go talk to Lesso about something that's been bugging me. I knocked on her office door and without receiving an answer, the door opened. I walked in.

"Lesso do you have time to talk?" I asked shyly. She lifted her head and hummed. "So I was thinking about that day in my office. I mean you kissed me." I said.

"I did." She replied, stating the obvious. "What you want to do with it is entirely up to you."

"What if I want to kiss you again?" I asked hesitantly.

"Then what are you waiting for princess?" Without thinking twice I closed the distance between us and kissed her. After minutes we broke apart.

"You're amazing." I whispered. "I like you, I have for so long now." I admitted.

"I like you too." She replied silently. "Would you like to be my girlfriend?" She asked with a sparkle in her eyes. I smiled and kissed her again.

"I would like that very much." I whispered against her lips.