Part two

No one's POV

Iris didn't sleep well that night, not having her comfort blanket didn't help with that. When she heard Dovey's voice over the speaker after she'd been awake for hours, it was a relief. What surprised her though, was when the blonde dean walked into her room, holding her precious blanket.

"Hi Iris, I came to bring this. I thought you'd want it back as soon as possible. How did you sleep?" She said in a motherly tone.

"Thank you." She said happily before taking the blanket and hugging it close, it was clear that she won't be letting that go today. "It was okay I think." She replied to the question.

"Okay I'll let you get ready for the day and I'll see you in class." She said. You changed into a gown that was put into your closet, probably by professor Dovey herself.

She picked her baby blanket up again and made her way to the dining hall

She picked her baby blanket up again and made her way to the dining hall. When she entered, some heads turned and looked at her before continuing what they were doing. It was true that Iris was a little younger than the rest so it was harder for her to make friends. She sat alone at a table, trying to keep her eyes open. Dovey, who was looking at her from across the hall was getting a little worried and decided to go and sit with her. Iris looked up to see who it was.

"Hi Iris, how are you doing sweetheart?" She asked her softly.

"Hm I'm okay, just finishing my breakfast." Iris lied, eating a grape that lay lonely on her plate.

"Okay well breakfast will be finished soon, why don't I walk with you to class?" She proposed. Iris nodded before standing up, clutching the blanket tightly against her chest. Lady Lesso, who noticed them walking by, stared at her until she was out of view. Iris and Dovey soon reached the classroom and after 15 minutes all the students were inside and the lesson could begin. "Cecilia, when is good permitted?" Professor Dovey asked one of the students.

"It isn't, by definition good would become evil if they did." The girl answered. Dovey smiled at the response and carried on with her class. Soon the lesson was over and the students all left the room. Iris, who was sitting in the back of the class was the only one that stayed seated. Her head was down and she didn't seem to be moving much. Dovey walked over to the young girl, gently running her hand down Iris's back.

"Oh sweetheart." She sighed, realizing that the young redhead was asleep. She carefully moved her so she could pick her up, crowning at how light Iris was. None the less she carried the 12 year old to her room, laying her down on her bed and tucking her in. "Rest well my sweet." She whispered before she left the room to continue with her day. Iris managed to sleep through lunch, which was something Dovey had already seen coming. To her surprise though, Lady Lesso also noticed this.

"Clarissa, where is Iris?" She asked. This took the blonde dean by surprise seeing as the redhead didn't care about the students.

"She's sleeping, she fell asleep during class. I think she just had a hard night and decided to let her take a nap. I'll wake her up soon if she doesn't do so herself." She explained.

"I can wake her." Lesso said rather fast. "I mean, I know you have classes after lunch and I have a free period so I'd you want I could do it." She lied. Normally this wouldn't really alert Dovey but remembering what Iris told her the night, it did.

"Alright if you're sure. She's in room 210, and tell her that she can take it easy today and I'll see her in class tomorrow." She said. "I must go now, I don't want to be late." And with that she left the room. Lady Lesso went to go and find Iris's room and found it easier than she first thought. She softly knocked, in case the girl was awake but she never received an answer so she opened the door. There she saw the girl, peacefully sleeping on her bed with her baby blanket tucked under her arms. Lady Lesso recognized the blacker, it was the she made for her baby girl but how did Iris end up with it. She decided to wake the girl before making a conclusion.

"Iris, it's time to wake up." She said softly, surprising even herself at her tone. The young redhead whined, obviously not wanting to wake up. "I know honey, but you have to wake up otherwise you won't be able to sleep this night." Finally Iris opened her eyes and sat up.

"Lady Lesso? What are you doing here?" She asked sleepily. The dean smiled softly at how cute she was.

"Professor Dovey had a lesson right now so I'm here to wake you. She told me that you should take it easy today and that you can come back to class tomorrow." She explained. "Iris can I ask you something?" Young girl nodded. "Where did you get that blanket?"

"Oh euhm I don't know really, it's my baby blanket so I guess from my biological parents." She said.

"Mother." Lady Lesso said.

"What do you mean?" The girl asked.

"You got it from your biological mother. Not parents, your father wasn't there." She responded.

"How do you know that? Do you know my mother?" Iris asked, eagerly wanting to know about the woman she has been searching for.

"You could say that." She said skeptical.

"What is she like? What does she look like? Do I look like her? Can you tell me pleasseeee?" She whined. Lady Lesso weighted out her options.

"Well she really cares about you, and it broke her heart when she had to send you away. You look a lot like her, your hair, your eyes, the shape of your face,... what else? Hmm she can be intimidating sometimes but she can also be kind and compassionate." The evil dean said. Iris was listening very carefully to every word.

"Do you know where she is? Can I meet her?" She asked. "Do you think she'd be proud of me?" Iris asked after a moment of silence.

"I think she's very proud of you. I mean you're an amazing, beautiful girl who is growing into an even more amazing woman. She couldn't be any prouder to have you as a daughter." The woman replied.

"How can you be sure?" The girl asked with a little voice.

"Because I am. I am so proud of you, you're a beautiful young woman and no one could be prouder than I am right now." Lesso said. Iris looked up a shocked expression on her face.

"You sound like you are my mother..."