chapter 21

Mark's pov

Punch.....

Punch....

I kept delivering hard punches to the bag.

That fucking bastard was back, I knew because I've always assigned people who keep watch at their house and report to me if the situation was something big.

I gave another hard punch to the bag.

He couldn't even protect his own daughter from me.... from what I was still going to do to her.... But then again, she wasn't really his daughter, even if she was , he still wouldn't have been able to keep her safe away from me....

His efforts wouldn't have made a fucking difference but the bastard didn't even tried, he was too much of a pussy for that.

Sometimes he just looks so much like his god damn brother that I feel like pulling a bullet through his head, he knew that and had wisely stayed away all this years.

I wonder why he decided to return though , perhaps he thinks I must have forgotten....

Definitely wrong .

A cynical smile form on my lips, I wonder how my little bunny would feel when she learns the truth

My little bunny.....

Yes , she was so fucking mine

The first time I had set my eyes on her years ago, I thought she looked like a cute little rabbit.... Since then I have always called her that.

Even right now I wanted to see her, wanted to feel her lips around me as she gaze at me with those beautiful eyes of hers...

Damn.

What was fucking wrong with me, she was seriously fucking me up

My mouth hardened to a grim line as I delivered another hard punch sending the bag flying to a far distance.

"Now that was a hard hit" I heard a familiar voice said from behind me

I didn't even bother to turn around to face him .

"What fucking brings you here?"

" Nothing....just decided to check up on you, it's been long"

I snorted aloud to that and just began to deliver another punch but his next words stopped my fist midway

"Dad misses you"

I paused momentarily, I know only too well the underlying context of his words, I walked to the rack to grab a towel , I wiped off the sweat from my face before turning around to face him .

"Well semester still aren't over yet, is it?"

I gratefully accepted a chilled beer from his extended hand.

A short laugh escaped his mouth before he lifted hie beer to his lips...

I shot him a quick impatient stare

"Is that the only fucking reason you came over here? To tell me that dad wants me back? Get to the point "

Ignoring my question, his gaze swept around the house

"It's quite relaxing here, isn't it? It sure feels so damn good to take a fucking break from the sheets happening all over there in the business... And it happens frequently "

I followed his gaze, this was once our family's house....but not anymore

Dad hasn't stepped inside of this house after the incident that happened to mum and jean.

I guess he doesn't want to remember...

Sometimes I also wished I don't remember too...

But it wasn't fucking possible

I still get those damn nightmare whenever I closed my eyes, I still see mum's lifeless eyes... Jean in her pool of blood .

I couldn't fucking get it out of my head no matter how hard I tried....so I stopped trying.

"I heard you brought her over here.... inside this house"

One of my brows rose at his statement, he was surely quite well informed

"Keeping tabs on me?"

We stared at each other for some time until he decided to look away.

"I'm not so idle...it was dad's idea just to ensure you are alright , you live here alone, you are still his son after all "

I kept silent to that, so he continued

"If you really want revenge, a simple bullet to the head would do....it would be all over in a blink of an eye"

I froze at his statement before regaining my composure, I gulped down a mouthful of my beer.

His words stir up something from the pit of my stomach, it left a sour taste in my mouth

She is mine...she wouldn't leave me so easily ...she will never be free of me

"Thanks for your suggestion, but I have my own way of exerting my own revenge"

"It's already been years, and you are still not letting go, you are not in love with her are you?"

My brows shot up at his words

"Whatever gave you such an idea...you are so damn wrong.

"Am I? You left dad and the business to return here... I know you came back to this town, this house because of her....I don't think you hate her as you fucking say, rather you are more than just obsessed with her"

I threw my now empty can into the nearest trash before facing him squarely

"I fucking hate her! And I'm making her pay in my own way!" I grounded out with utmost certainty

" Whatever you fucking feel of her definitely not hate, but one thing for sure is that your feelings for her, are unhealthy...for you"

"I fucking know what I'm doing, you don't need to explain shit about what I feel to me"

We stared at each other heatedly, I flung the towel away from my shoulders

I wasn't discussing this with him, I had just began to head out when he spoke.

"Does she know?"

I slowed down to a brief halt knowing fully well what he was asking

"No"

"I just hope you know what you are doing...I really hope you do , for you own sake...I'll stay here for a few days"

"You have no right to fucking judge me , brother , you and I know that you are no any better than me.

He was fucking right about one thing, whatever I feel for Anna was definitely unhealthy, I know because it scares me too sometimes , but I know damn fucking well what I'm doing .

And what I plan to do next.