chapter 25

Anna's POV

I ran the brush through my hair until it was silky straight , I was dressed in the beautiful red gown mum have gifted me earlier today as a birthday gift .

Since I didn't want a party, I decided to hand out with sash and Lilian , we will first have a little celebration, grab some drinks...then have a sleepover at sash house.

I took a glance at the wall clock , I still have about ten minutes to go, I didn't receive any threat message through out yesterday neither had I heard anything from Mark since the night he spent In my room...

"Mum...Dad...I'm leaving " I called out making my way downstairs .

I met them in the living room discussing in low tone, mum's face was quite pale...

"Mum what's wrong ?" She turned to face me looking quite startled.

I stared from her to dad, something wasn't right .

" Is something wrong? I just said I was leaving...

"Y...you can't leave " Dad said swallowing hard, he look nervous about something..like very. nervous .

My brows drew in confusion , why were they behaving so strange ? Could something bad have happened? I was about to ask when a knock sounded on the door .

"Um.. I'll get that"

" You can't" mum voiced out stoping my movement ..

Okay...now I know something was truly wrong...

"Sweetie... Why don't you go upstairs to your room for a while"

" M...mum?" my voice was lace with doubt

" Now! No more questions !" Dad yelled leaving no room for arguments...

I slowly made my way upstairs to my room, what was going on? I paced about nervously...

What could be wrong with them? Why were they looking and even sounds fearful ?

I couldn't just sit by... I needed to find out.

I made my way downstairs, searching my gaze around , the living room was empty but I heard voices coming out of dad's study and slowly made my way over.

The door was slightly ajar, a very familiar voice stopped me right on my tracks.

Mark's

The hairs on my body stood at it ends ..

How could he knows my parents? And they also appear to know him too...

What was going on?

They were so engrossed in their argument that they didn't hear me enter.

"We've kept this secret from her for all her eighteen years, we can't just tell her now that we aren't her real parents ...."mum spoke

I stood motionless like a mannequin, it felt as if a bucket of ice has been dumped on me.

They weren't my parents?

No...no...it couldn't be true, it like I heard it all wrong

"That's your business, I'm here to take her, we had a deal and time's up"

"You can't just take...."

" Mum...w... what's going on here? I interrupted whatever mum was saying

All of their gaze snapped towards me but my gaze was focused on Mark's

My mind was in a complete mess right now.

"Why didn't you say you weren't my parents?"

"Sweetie w...we..."