chapter 22

It's been a week,

A week since I found out I had an uncle...

An uncle whose disappearance probably had something to do with Mark Andrew

Once again, I was stuck in a dead end, I couldn't ask mum about the details , not after the way she reacted the last time.

Why did he suddenly disappear without a trace ?

Why didn't they get the police involved? Instead they kept it a secret...

I will have to find a way to find out about it myself .

The past week has been pure hell for me, he didn't make any sexual assault on my body but his painful grips, shoving me around lockers and desk, tearing my assignment sheets and his crude words were still enough to make my life miserable.

I would always feel his gaze on me, though the intensity of it always made my blood run cold , I couldn't help but fear the cruel intentions behind those storming green eyes .

I kept my assignment on the nightstand and switched off the light

I lay on my bed trying to force myself to get some sleep, no more than a minute later my cell phone binged

Without making many thoughts to it , I withdraw it from under my pillow . It was a text from some unknown number...

I'm watching you bitch;

The hairs on the back of my head all stood in alarm , I took a swift glance around my room , although I had shot the window closed earlier , the binds were still drawn upwards

I got off the bed slowly, my legs were shaky and my heart was thundering too loud

It was so dark outside so I couldn't see anything, u thought I heard some rustling outside , I yanked the binds down in one pull and ran back to my bed...

What was that sound?...or was it a figment of my imagination?

The phone binged again , I picked it with shaky fingers, it was from the same unknown number

I will kill you; it read

Then came another

You'll die bitch, I'll watch as the blood drain out of your hear and get a taste of it;

I clasped a hand over my mouth to swallow back a scream , beads of sweat began to form on my face

There was no doubt in my mind as to who sent the text.

It has to be him, Mark

But he has never done this before... never has been so creepy, why now...?

To torture me ...

To scare me ....

And it was really working, my fingers were shaking uncontrollably , my breath uneven.

I read the text again and this time a wave of fear zipped through me.

What if he was watching me this instant ?

Calling for help cross my mind for the briefest moment

But I couldn't

It has always been like this , I had never been able to voice my many fears...all the bone-wenching nightmare to them, I always feel that they wouldn't understand .

They would look at me differently

I turned off my cell phone and clasped it over my chest tightly...

My eyes were wide open, there was no way I would be able to catch some sleep ...

Not when he's out there, watching

******************************

The last class for the day finally came to an end, all day I just kept pacing in and out, I couldn't get those text messages out of my mind no matter how had I tried .

He was absent today, it should have been a relief to me, only it wasn't....it made me even more tensed .

"Are you alright? These days I just think there's something off about you" sash spoke disrupting my trail of thoughts

I nodded slowly, she looked like she like she didn't believe my words in the least so I spoke to reassure her

" Um... actually i'm just worried about our final exams... that's all" I lied

She scoffed aloud , shooting me an ' are you kidding me look '

"You're so smart and you have to worry about it? It should be me talking about that and not you"

I chuckled at that as I open my locker to keep my books inside, I was just about to slam it shot when my gaze fell on something. Everything in me froze, the blood drain out of my face...

Oh god...

"Anna what...." She also trailed off as her gaze followed mine, a loud grasp escape her mouth

I couldn't take my gaze away from the horrific sight, I was paralyzed

It was a doll.... splattered all over with red stains, a rope hanging from it neck

A sob escape my mouth as I ran blindly , it was all too suffocating...I couldn't breathe .

Then I ran...

Ignoring her calls after me, I just needed to get away from it all , I needed to breathe.

I made a sharped turned around the hallway and stopped just in time before bumping into a person .

It was Betty .

We stared at each other momentarily before I hurried past her.

Ever since that gym class incident, she was staying far away from me, it was quite relieving

I felt her gaze boring holes into my back , I didn't know why I did, but I looked back, she was indeed staring at me.... But there was something about her gaze that held me in my spot, she averted her gaze quickly and hurried off.

But I already saw it, she hated me very much it was brewing like a storm in her gaze.

I pushed it outside, that was the very least of my problem right now.

I came to a stop just outside the school....

The images kept replaying in my head....

I'll kill you;

The blood....

The doll and the rope....

Tears keep streaming down from my eyes and I allowed them

"Anna!" Sash called out panting for breath

She must have run after me

"Are you okay ? Back then ... What was that about ...gosh it was so scary"

I gratefully accepted her hug, heaven knows how much I needed it right now...

I managed to stop crying and pulled away slowly

"Do you know who could have done that? You can't take it lightly"

"You know who did it right? Your eyes said that you do, why can't you say it... Tell me, we'll fight this together"

She was right, why couldn't I just say it out ?

I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out....

If Mark was the one then I couldn't let her get involved , Mark is dangerous....

I can't let her get hurt because of me, I still remember what he did to Derick just because tried to help me

" I had no idea" I whispered out instead

*****************************

Don't forget to leave a comment please