| 𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘃𝗶𝘁𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝗶𝗰𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻

I had dreamt of her once again.

Snap! What I thought could support my weight betrayed me half way on my mission, but the fall. My legs didn't care to protect themselves; Only protecting my ass from breaking, it didn't matter if my leg broke but my ass? NO WAY!! Why was getting down so easy but getting back up..ended up with me in the hospital? When I fell, I was in too much shock and pain, my ankle was crushed and I was sleepy. So what did I do? I ignored the pulsating pain forcefully shutting my eyes as I made excuses in my head. Before I could dose off into nothingness, the agitating tapping of heels on pure stone shock me to life. When it stops, she was there. She didn't look angry but rather scared, jaw hung open, eyes widened and glossy. "Soobin.." This was the only word that escaped her loose lips before I passed out. "You better explain when we arrive at the hospital."

Will she leave? All of this pain and deceit for a breath of the summer scent. Blur takes over my vision; its okay.. I'm awake. "Soobin, explain!" Once again, her agitating voice wasn't enough. She needed to see me hurt, so what did she do? Darla decided to shake me in an attempt to get an answer out of me, my ankle was throbbing in pain from the sudden harsh movement. "STOP! I-I'LL TELL YOU. Please j-just stop." Pleading continuously hurts my brain, every thing is so overwhelming. "I was writing my novel on the balcony when a mosquito attacked me, I got scared.." Such a stupid excuse but it worked and there was only one person who knew the truth, Beomgyu. The one I trust most. Darla then sits, tone calm but interrogative, "What about the torn blanket?" The blanket excuse was even more stupid but atleast Darla and my excuses have something in common, "It was windy; I was a bit cold so I tied a corner to the railing incase it would fly away. When the mosquito attacked I seemed to have got tangled in the corners and fell." I can't even look her in the eyes, it feels weird especially because I'm lying, today was complicated enough but now I can't leave for atleast 6 weeks on end, her trust also was hurt massively. I need to rest, I want to but so much is preventing me from relaxation and time for self-reflection. Non-stop calls from family & friends as soon as Darla leaves everyone's suddenly worried; Beomgyu, Mother,Father, Cousins, Friends and even my manager! When I told him that I could publish my novel in a weeks time and instead of an expected 'well done' he insisted on delaying the release because of my injury; Of course I won the back-and-forth.

I just realised, you don't know about my novel THAT WELL. So, in my honour I'll explain. The genre of this novel is Gothic, my favourite. As for the usual Gothic systematic writing, all stages are filled with immense horror and yet tension still varies. For my novel, we are more on the romance side, I did this to make readers see realistic love. My characters were one-sided, forbidden, you could say. Did they ever end up together? Yes, but it didn't last long when the male's former wife kills him. It's a shame because they fell in love both sided under a specific setting, that I LOVE and use so much in my novels. They fell in love under a lavender sky.