| 𝘀𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝗹𝗲𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗵𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗲𝗻

"Make sure he doesn't leave, or try to. I can't let my career get ruined because of him."

"No, because you made that mistake and he happened to see it; what did you do?..Forget it. I'll do it just for his safety."

"Whatever."

"I HAVE A JOB DARLA."

"Quit it. Take care of Soobin when I'm out. I'll find you a job that's at home."

I just knew it, Soobin just ruined his freedom. Not only made me responsible for his escape but also for his injury, I can't be angry but I have every right to. He's my best friend, yet I'm cousins with his narcissistic lover and I haven't reported this behaviour to anyone. No one knows. No one but me.

"WHAT NO WAYYY!" The tall pouting boy jumps with his crutches continuously after hearing the some what good news but immediately winces in pain after the mere pressure on his leg. Suddenly, his phone starts to ring as he goes to pick it up, my eyes begin to look somewhere else, (his lips, i know he has cake guys ik..🙁)WHAT THE FUCK. STOP, HE'S YOUR BEST FRIEND. "Hello, Choi Soobin on the phone. Oh no, that's okay! Thank you for the good news!" I witness a smile form on his face as the call goes on, pft what news could possibly be better than me staying a few weeks? "What's good?" I say approaching him, feeling a churn within my guts, crossing my arms, "The doctor just called me up to inform me of a mistake in the x-ray saying that I cracked a bit off instead of snapping it in half. Meaning, it's going to take less time to heal!" Once again the tall bunny-like boy, jumps in joy and yet again hurts himself. Pure pabo. "You won't heal earlier if you hop around like a rabbit." A chuckle escapes my lips but that weird churn in my guts only increase. Then, my head starts to spin, like 5 FPS, the boy infront of me is unintelligible but I feel less stressed not seeing him. Strangely. "Beomgyu?!" My name exits his memorable pouty lips and his doe eyes probably look so watery right now. It's a shame I can't see them because, all I see is black.

Why do I feel sad around him? I've spent so many years forming an unbreakable bond, why is it now it feels like its cracking from the pressure? Is it guilt, or perhaps boredom or maybe something that I'm unfamiliar with. I should tell him, but I can't bare to face him and tell him the truth. The fact that I'm not here from my own will, that my duplicitous cousin had not begged but declared me to guard my own best friend. I'm on these chains, in need of someone to set me free, and I so badly want it to be Soobin, blinded Soobin.

After my train of thought, my brain realises what it had done, I jumped up alarmingly to see Soobin concerningly watching me. I was right, those eyes were glistening with the natural light of the moon illuminating the scelera. "Beomgyu, are you okay?" The boy scoots closer to check my temperature, starting from the forehead down to my chest. These 'temperature checks' were too soft to resist, it felt so dearly and caring and.. hot. I begin to produce droplets of sweat, heat rushing to my face, along with this I let out a groan. "You're sweating! I'll get a paracetamol. I might need to give you an ice bath." Barely processing the words 'ice bath' I can feel my conciousness slip away, why am I suddenly ill? It's goddamm summer.

I realised it was Soobin who made me ill. Now it's Soobin taking care of me. If I wanted to carry on being friends with him, see him happy and safe,I need to seperate Darla and him.