Part 7: Suflar and confession

Kohaku was busy training Ginro and Kinro for the Grand Bout. Meanwhile you and Suika were watching the scientist at work. Senku held a spear while Chrome held a magnet with what he called 'Hair-Lookin' stuff'.

"So this hair-lookin' stuff's gonna turn into silver," Chrome asked. "That's bad. I was almost positive they were some kinda roots"

Sukia gasped as you chuckled. Chrome puts the 'hair into the pot and Senku dips the spear, giving it a silver coat.

"So, I meant to ask you, Why are we only making a silver spear," Chrome asked.

"Easy, because it's essential to our quest to acquire the most dangerous material," Senku answered.

You got an uneasy feeling about this while Chrome and Suika were just confused. Ginro gasped as he held his new shiny, silver spear. He started to cry tears of joy as he instantly fell in love with it. Ginro thanks Senku for the spear as Kinro was clearly jealous. Senkus chuckled.

"You don't have to flap your gums one millimeter to thank me," Senku stated. "The fact is, I didn't make that for you." Senku stood up as you took the bag of jars from him and put it around your shoulder. "Come on, we need to get moving. Ginro, your job today is to be the team's bodyguard."

Ginro gasped as he got a fantasy. None of you care to ask him as you guys were just glad that he was actually going to it since it took away the pain of having to try to take it away form him or dragging him along.

Ginro was infront as you, Senku, Kohaku and Chrome followed him. Senku took back the bag from you as you grabbed a spear and your trusty bow and arrow. You and Kohalu were clearly there to be the actual protectors while the scientists were going to do their thing. The whole walk, GInro was chatting about how he was the bodyguard.

You guys passed an area with hot springs. This made Kohaku and Chrome confused as Senku was getting tired of all the walking.

"Wait a sec, I come here all the time to get water from these hot springs," Kohaku stated.

"Yeah, what's the deal," Chrome said, confused. "I thought this was supposed to be a mega-dangerous mission."

"It gets dangerous up ahead," Senku stated.

"So what exactly are we trying-"

"Ginro, quit messing around," Senku yelled as Ginro stopped messing with the spear. "And hold your spear steady and pointing forward!"

Ginro stopped walking which made the group stop walking. Senku sighed as he grabbed the spear. He held it steady in front of him.

"This silver spear acts as a sensor," Senku explained. "That's the whole reason I made it in the first place. Pay close attention to the tip of it." Senku hands the spear back to Ginro. "It's very important. You'll need to notice if that silver begins to turn black."

"Turns black? What do you mean," Ginro asked.

Senku's face turns very serious which makes your uneasy feeling get stronger.

"If that happens, you'll be dead in seconds. I'm not joking," Senku stated. This obviously got Ginro worried as the rest of you paid close attention to what he said. "That turns black, you need to get away in .1 seconds. That's the signal for all of us to start running. The enemy you're guarding us from will kill us if we make just one mistake. It's the greatest hurdle in making sulfa drugs. We could die very easily"

GInro gulped as he was now absolutely terrified. You guys continued to walk and you started to wonder. What could possibly be so dangerous that it could kill you instantly but is needed to make a sulfa drug?