Part 51: Infuriate enemy territory

"The mission to seize the petrifaction beam begins in earnest near. And our key to success this time will be the earrings of science," Senku stated.

"Oh ok, and what are those," Gen asked.

"Are we trying to make someone extra cute now or what," Soyuz asked.

"What's the point? They already started the selection," Suika said.

"That's why I'm whippen this up at top speed," Senku said. He chuckled. "We're lucky the copper wire looks the way it does. It might seem like decoration when really it's a conductor."

Senku used your ear to model the hook of the earring that goes around the ear. On the hook he attached Rochelle Salt from wine which is what you guys used for the speaker. So with Rochelle Salt sound transmitting crystal and a copper wire antenna as an earring, you guys have yourselves an earpiece. After it was down, you guys went off to secretly deliver it to Kohaku.

"I keep looking but I can't seem to find any machinery on this thing," Gen said as he examined the earring. "Does this bit in the middle pick up radio waves or what?"

"Yeah," Senku confirmed.

"It's so tiny," Gen exclaimed. "You must've made a microchip when I wasn't paying attention."

"No it's just a rock," Senku said.

"Eriously-say," Gen exclaimed shocked.

"Different kinds of rocks can get the job done," you stated. "Just use Galena, Pyrit or native copper and they'll do the trick. Plus it doesn't matter if it tiny as long as it gets the job done, the size shouldn't matter that much."

"Interesting choice of words y/n-chan," Gen said as he went back to examine the earring. "And where's the battery?"

"You don't need one. Thing will work forever without it," Senku stated.

"Eriously-say," Gen exclaimed shocked.

When you guys docked, you guys spirited to where the girls and guard would be passing by. Due to your injury, Senku and Soyuz carry you as you guys run like hell uphill. On the way Gen, still being confused by the earring, asked how it could work if it didn't have a power source. So Senku breathlessly explained that the earring is gonna work like the old timey crystal radios. The sound is faint but it's no problem if it's directly in your ear.

You guys made it to the area to see that all three were chosen. You guys shared a quick laugh that 'Miss' Ginro made it through but you guys went back to work mode. Soyuz threw the earring to Kohaku, who thankfully noticed it and caught it.

Senku chuckled as he got the phone ready. "Didn't have time to test this thing for real so it's gonna be do or die."

"Can you hear me Kohaku," Gen asked through the speaker. "If you can give me a signal like..." Gen began to think until he got a cheeky grin. "Strike a cute pose for us."

You guys see Kohaku visibly struggle and panic as she thinks of a pose. Her body was so stiff until she managed to strike the pose Suika usually does with a cute face to match. Gen laughs as the rest of you are just glad the earpiece works. Gen gets a shiver down his spine as you guys bet that Kohaku just threatened him even though you guys can't actually hear her.

"So now that we give Kohaku instructions through the earpiece what's are actual strategy for getting our hands on petrifaction beam," Suika asked.

"The only person we know who has one is that warrior y/n and Kohaku fought, Kirisame," Senku said.