Part 45: Winter boat troubles and campfire singing

Back with the sailboat, things seemed to be going smoothly and according to plan. Or that's what you guys thought. However Old Man Kaseki pointed out to you guys that some pieces weren't the right sizes and pointed out or misaligned. Then when he fixes one side the other side falls apart.

"I don't know what to do. I'm sorry guys," Old Man Kaseki cried.

"Hey it's not your fault Kaseki," Ukyo reassured.

"Oh you're so good to me, I might fall for you," Old Man Kaseki said as he was still crying.

"Not what I was trying to accomplish," Ukyo said. "But even in our time ship building on this scale required expertise and very advanced techniques."

"He's right, we just got to come up with a solution to fix this," you said. "I mean the Kingdom of Science was practically made off trail-an-error."

"But how many years will that even take," Magma asked.

"Hopefully less than it takes Why-Man to make a move," Ukyo said.

"Uh-huh, I never accounted for that part," Senku admitted. "We no longer have infinite time with the Why-Man clock ticking."

"So what are we gonna do," you asked.

Senku got a serious look on his face as he got serious. "Change of plans. Let's ditch the giant ship. It'll be a smaller boat with a limited crew."

Everyone including you were shocked by this change of plan.

"What do you mean by a limited crew?!? Most of us won't be able to go then," Chrome exclaimed, confused.

"Yeah and I'm getting on that ship," Yo said.

"Do I really have to give up on all my work? But I love my sweet little ship," Old Man Kaseki cried as he caressed the boat.

Everyone started to talk amongst themselves as they all weren't real fans of this new change of plans. They wanted answers as to why and just didn't like the idea of all the hard work they put in to just go to waste. Plus some people really wanted to go on the ship and with a limited crew, that would make their chances slim of going on the ship. Everyone just had an opinion on this and just felt like they had to share it.

"SHUT IT!"

Your scream made everyone stop talking and start at you. You let out a breath as you regained yourself.

"Oh okay, I get we all don't like this new change but bickering like some kids won't solve anything and we're wasting valuable time," you stated. "Senku has a point that right now with the way we're going we won't be able to even make a quarter of the ship. But we can't just change the plan since that will throw away everything we planned and create more problems for us along the way."

"So what do you suppose we do," Nata asked.

"Simple, we assess the situation, adjust and adapt," you answer. "We have a wall in our way that is too steep to climb, we stop to rethink and then use what we have. So let's just stop and see what we can do with what we got already."

"Y/n -"

"Y/n is absolutely correct. I'm going to make a model of our vessel," Ryusui said. "And then we'll blow it up to scale. Kaseki can reference my model to rework what we already got started."

Everyone gasped at Ryusui words.

"I think we can pull it off. Right, y/n. Senku. Or am I wrong," Ryusui asked.

Senku got a grin on his face which made you glad to see he was on board with this.

"You're right. We can," Senku stated. "As long as we've got an absolute fanatic who can make a 1/48th scale model that's up to snuff. I'm talking ten billion percent accuracy here. Got it?"