Part 24: Plan to see you hell

Magma laughed. "Can hardly believe I can fight with one hand and eat with the other!"

"Oh, yeah, it's arvelos-may," Gen said, a bit nervous that Magma thought that. "However, doing them each separately may be a good idea."

"I really don't want anyone to get hurt," Ruri admitted.

Ruri's confusion caught both yours and Senku's attention.

"We can't avoid fighting them anymore, can we," Ruri asked.

"Nobody's going to die, if that's what you're worried about," Senku stated. "The condition for the kingdom of science victory is actually remarkably simple. We just wanna capture the cave with the miracle fluid so we can revive everyone. By using our cell phones to connect with my friends on the other side, we can do it all without spilling a single drop of blood."

"That's a relief," Ruri said with a smile.

You chuckled. "You know Ruri, you remind me of someone I used to know."

Your words got Ruri and Senku curious. However the noticeable change in your expression from normal to a bit sad was noticeable to Senku. He was about to ask you what was wrong but was interrupted.

"Senku, are you positive that these friends of yours are actually safe," Old Man Kaseki asked.

"They've been embedded with the enemy army the whole time," Kinro pointed out. "Sounds dangerous to me."

"Relax. I don't have one millimeter of worry," Senku said. "They're fine, I'm sure."

"Yeah. There's no way Taiju and Yuzuriha would go down easily," you agreed.

Ginro gasped. "I wonder what they're like. They're Senku and y/n's friends, after all. They're probably super smart and strong just like them!"

"What the hell are you talking about?! They're nothing like that," Senku stated.

"Strong does fit Taiju to a T but he's not even a percent as smart as Senku," you stated. "As Yuzuriha, she's smarter than Taiju but the gap between her and Senku is still hella huge. Not to mention, she doesn't really have muscle and is more of our supply manager and craftsman."

"Huh?! You gotta be kidding me," Ginro exclaimed.

You guys then heard the sound of Lillain's song, 'One Small Step' playing from the lab. You guys saw Chrome was playing it for the kids.

"That song's like the constant background music huh," Gen commented. "Wow. Who'd've thought? Dear Lillian's still the world's diva. Even in this age, everyone's in love."

"How could you not when the music is amazing," you said as you started to get lost in the song.

"I could never get tired of a voice that was so full of beauty," Ruri admitted.

"I think Tsukasa's army should get to hear her beautiful singing too," Suika said with a few tears in her eyes.

"It's so beautiful, it's making me cry," Old Man Kaseki cried. "Hey, maybe if they did hear it, they would decide to throw their weapons away."

"Although I wish that were the case, the song is way too familiar to people from our age," Gen said. "So I don't think it alone won't be enough to bring them to their knees. Besides, with this audio quality..." Gen's eyes widened as he got an idea.

Later that night, everyone was asleep while you and Senku were up in the observatory. You were sitting against the wall, craving something on a piece of wood while Senku was looking through the telescope.

"What are you carving," Senku asked.

"Nothing much," you stated. "See anything interesting?"

"Not really since it's hard to focus with someone watching," Senku admitted.