Part 54: Progress with Medusa

Taiju gives Senku a smile. And it was thanks to him that you guys were able to get Kaseki. Meaning you guys are one step closer to reviving the rest of the crew. So to not waste any time, you guys head back to the cave to revive Kaseki.

"Alright. It's finally time to bring our God Tier craftsman Kaseki back to life," Senku stated. He chuckled. "I'm ten billion percent sure he'll have a badass drone ready in no time."

You dock the boat and waste no time putting Kaseki's statue back together. But you and Taiju were on a different assignment. Since you guys had no more oxygen tanks and you and Taiju were the only ones who could hold your breath for long periods of time, you two were in charge of retrieving the pieces. The only thing was no one actually told you guys to do this. It was more like, you followed Taiju when he went to retrieve the pieces himself to help him. No one noticed you guys left since you guys kind of sneaked off. But Senku did notice you two were missing but he figured what you guys were doing so he didn't tell the others so they could focus on Kaseki.

They finished assembling Kaseki's statue but due to the lack of clothing, they covered his manhood with some kelp.

"Just a little splash and we can rock and roll," Senku declared as he went to pour the revival fluid on the statue.

"Whoa! Hold it Senku," Gen exclaimed as he blocked Senkus path. "Don't be asty-hay."

"Huh," Senku said, confused.

"Not that this is too unceremonious or anything," Gen said. He then frowned a bit. "Though I guess that's somewhat part of it." He sighed as he approached the statute. "Look." He points out a cut-out on Kaseki's back. "Either Kaseki had a giant birthmark right here or a sizable piece of his back is still m-i-a."

Soyuz gave a horrified gasp as he and Suika noticed that Gen was right.

"So," Senku said, sealing the container of revival fluid. "The thing will heal right up thanks to the resorbable effects of the revival process."

"Sure, but it's bound to leave a brutal scar tho," Ryusui pointed out. "Like the one's on Senku's and Gen's mugs."

"Well the cracks on their faces look cool," Suika said. "But Kaseki's mark kind of looks like a..."

They really looked at the cut-out and noticed that Suika had a point. It looks like poop.

"I'd hate to have something shaped like that permanently carved into my skin," Suika cried. "I feel so bad for him."

"This is the age of the stone world," Senku stated. "No one gives a crap about that crap."

"Nope. I'm sure some of us still do," Gen pointed out.

"Fine. If we want to play it safe, we can wait until Taiju and y/n come back from their errand," Senku said.

"Taiju and y/n," Ryusui said, a bit confused. "Where did they go?"

"Huh? Now that you mention it, where did those two disappear to," Gen said as he looked around.

Almost on cue, they hear some splashes and ripples approaching them from the water. They look to see Taiju coming out of the water, dragging you as you carried stone pieces. Taiju then jumps out, splashing water everywhere and pulling you with him.

"Hey check it out everybody! We just gathered a bunch of parts," Taiju exclaimed.

Due to the speed and the jump, when Taiju lands on his feet, you land on your butt in the water.

"Ow," you groaned. "Taiju, as much as I appreciate you helping me, can you not drag me around like a rag doll."

"Whoops, sorry y/n," Taiju apologized.